My take on a Tiny Terror custom wood head!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Taronja
Orange Master

Post by Taronja » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:14 pm

libtech wrote:I definately concidered adding a vent, but then after looking at my ad30 with no vents, 4 el84's, less than twice the interior volume, the back being left open with no lip on the top on this cab, and the tt adding a bit of metal on top to act as a 'heat sheild' for a buffer, I was wondering if it was nessisary? I did play with it in the case for ~1hour and the temp was nothing to be concerned about. That being said, I would gladly add anything anyone would want!
don't cut a vent into that great piece of work, you can always just get a small case fan and screw it to the rear vents/grate on the TT encloser, but personally i would just leave it be.

Jon
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Easter-B ... 6877535568
Member since 2005
Currently a non orange owner. Im actively in search of a vintage OR head... Feel free to send me any leads... :)

Hgain
Rocker

Post by Hgain » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:21 pm

Very Well done....very similar to mine...I gets lots of comments on mine....really sets off the TT....the toaster case is fine too but the tolex case adds that special something.. No heat issues with my but the vents are in the top 8) :D

studioproduced
Rocker

Post by studioproduced » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:39 pm

Can I order one from someone??? How much???

defrag
Orange Expert

Post by defrag » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:11 pm

I (& others) see the TT as a great studio amp.

A fan is an option of course, but noise in a studio setting is not.
Mesa Roadster, Egnater Rebel, Orange Terror, Blackheart Giant • Ric 360MG, Schecter C1, Martin OMC15, Moog Phatty/6 Foogers, Korg microXL/Electribe MX • Alesis, Boss, Mackie, Peterson, Radial ( o )==#
http://gamefreaks.net/defrag/personal/music.html ♪♫

libtech
Tiny Terror

Post by libtech » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:05 pm

"Can I order one from someone??? How much???"

Absolutely, I'll have 5 ready to go for the end of next week! PM me if your interested!

And like I said, I will gladly add a vent for anyone who is concerned about heat build up; however after testing it with my TT do not concider it nessisary as it did not get that hot. With reguards to the AD30R combo, yes there would be a vent because while it is an open back cab, the top portion is closed in by a backing wood plate and the chassis, which without the vent would not allow the heat from the tubes to escape. With the AD30 head (and this one) the heat can rise, hit the top of the box and then flow the 2-3 inches to the rear open portion on the back and then rise and disipate from there. To each his own, but once again, I have no problem installing a vent for anyone.

Mono
Orange Expert

Post by Mono » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:07 pm

Ok, so it works without a vent. Still... it is very cool.
How much? I think the people want a price :)

libtech
Tiny Terror

Post by libtech » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:11 pm

Also, although you cannot see it in the picture, there is a gap between the top of the TT and the case itself (the same spacing as on either side of the amp in the picture) which will help with cooling.

If your interested PM me, we arn't allowed to post prices on this forum are we?

libtech
Tiny Terror

Post by libtech » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:33 pm

They also come with the new feet pictured, and the correct screws for attachment!

K_Freiholtz

Post by K_Freiholtz » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:48 pm

Does anyone know the measurments of the bass terror and if this will fit that amp?

Mono
Orange Expert

Post by Mono » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:22 pm

libtech wrote:Also, although you cannot see it in the picture, there is a gap between the top of the TT and the case itself (the same spacing as on either side of the amp in the picture) which will help with cooling.

If your interested PM me, we arn't allowed to post prices on this forum are we?
I know we aren't allowed to post comparative prices of in production Orange products...
Not so sure on the idea of "selling" this to other forum members but I would be more than interested, so I shall PM you!

dawnofzion
Tiny Terror

Post by dawnofzion » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:49 pm

I have been making them for awhile...I have made enclosures for quite a few on here. In my personal opinion the vent is needed. My TT ran really hot at high volumes without the vent .

I build guitars and amp cabinets.

libtech
Tiny Terror

Post by libtech » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:58 pm

Fair enough, like I said anyone who wants a vent its not an issue to install one for you.

libtech
Tiny Terror

Post by libtech » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:47 pm

One down, four left! :D

g00dbye
Tiny Terror

Post by g00dbye » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:49 pm

Wow, some amazing work a few of you guys did. I'm super impressed. Looks so good, almost makes me want to ditch my Rocker 30 for a TT......well......maybe not, but it's still gorgeous.

Taronja
Orange Master

Post by Taronja » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:16 pm

OUCH!!!!!

OH!, SNAP!!!!s :lol:

this gives new meaning to the term "hijacked" :wink:

here come's mister "pil-O-box's" and multi-colored to boot 8)

well, at-least you sold one

Jon
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Easter-B ... 6877535568
Member since 2005
Currently a non orange owner. Im actively in search of a vintage OR head... Feel free to send me any leads... :)