What Did You Do To Get Your Orange?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

half_deaf
Orange Master

Post by half_deaf » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:04 am

I took my wife to my local Orange dealer and told her to just listen. After many years of hearing me play through all kind of amps she said " Thats the best sounding amp I have ever heard you play through."

That Rocker 30 head and 212 cab came home with me...

Man I love that woman :D
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior !

Retired from the forum because of the intolerance of supposed "tolerant" people.... good night

Deacon Blues
Orange Master

Post by Deacon Blues » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:13 am

tax refund plus a few hundred bucks paid for mine. got it from a guy on craigslist. i'm a thirfty guy so when there is something that i really need as well as want i can usually afford to buy it, i don't waste money and have never had credit card debt. my orange was my first legit tube amp after owning used peavey tube amps and hybrid stuff
My name is Alex. I used to have an AD30HTC, but now I have an RV50 and PPC212.

Joey22

Post by Joey22 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:24 am

<s>I'm working at my dad's business this summer....making encrutes and chicken sausage....It's 31 degrees in there literally...uggg</s>

I did and now I have my TT:D:D:D:D:D

vintage30
Orange Expert

Post by vintage30 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:00 am

I paid in advance for my Tiny Terror in March 2007. No one had any in stock then.
After ordering I waited 93 days. I believe Orange sold over 10 Thousand TTs in 07.
ImageImage

defrag
Orange Expert

Post by defrag » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:22 am

I whore myself to buy Oranges! I need a head now after my TT.
Mesa Roadster, Egnater Rebel, Orange Terror, Blackheart Giant • Ric 360MG, Schecter C1, Martin OMC15, Moog Phatty/6 Foogers, Korg microXL/Electribe MX • Alesis, Boss, Mackie, Peterson, Radial ( o )==#
http://gamefreaks.net/defrag/personal/music.html ♪♫

doombilly

Post by doombilly » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:34 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by half_deaf</i>
<br />I took my wife to my local Orange dealer and told her to just listen. After many years of hearing me play through all kind of amps she said " Thats the best sounding amp I have ever heard you play through."

That Rocker 30 head and 212 cab came home with me...

Man I love that woman :D
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Yeah my wife heard me play through one at a show bc my Twin plopped out. It was the best she'd ever heard us and that was convincing after years of playing through broken and second-hand amplifiers.
'06 Parker Nitefly M
'78 Fender Mustang
'72 Acoustic Black Widow
'95 Fender Telecaster
(MIM)
'00 Yamaha AEX500
Tiny Terror
http://illicitizen.com

NiallB
Orange Master

Post by NiallB » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:03 pm

Well, it started with a trip on the trans-siberian railway in the winter of '67. On my journey I found myself sharing a cabin with a man named Mr Eg Naro, an englishman by birth, but adopted by the japanese do to his overwhelming generosity. We spoke for many hours, sharing our hopes, fears and dreams. At the end of my time on the train he gave me an envelope, and told me that when the time was right I would know when to open it.

Soon after this I was captured by the KGB, as I was smuggling the secret to eternal youth through Russia. Through sheer luck it so happened that one of the guards knew my brothers, sisters, mothers, cousins, dogs, owner, and he was able to help me escape into Germany.

After laying low for a couple of years I set forth for great britain, returning to my homeland. Due to being incommunicado since that fateful train journey in '67, I discovered that 40 years had passed. Using professional mind altering techniques I adapted myself into society. Upon seeing the cultural shift and the importance of electric guitars, I decided to learn how to play. It was in a moment of madness that I dropped the envelope whilst changing strings, and the wire cutters split it open. Inside were things too beautiful to describe, including a guitar tone so immeasurably gorgeous that I had to discover how it was made.

Helpfully, Mr Eg Naro's number was printed on the envelope, so I gave him a call and he told me I needed and Orange amp to make tone that good. So off I toddled to the guitar shop, where I exchanged some of the beautiful objects in my envelope of joy for an Orange Amp.
Fender Mexican Telecaster with seymour duncan pickups.
<br />Keeley Compressor:Ernie Ball Volume:Crowther Hotcake:Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive:Ibanez TS-808 Reissue:Boss DM2:Boss DD6
<br />
Orange AD30TC Combo