AD30TC and Overdrive Pedals

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Ness

Post by Ness » Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:01 am

Can anyone recomend some good overdrive pedals for use with the AD30, I got a Maxon OD-9 (tubescreamer clone) to try out and im just not liking it. It sounds a little flat and turns my amp into a feedback monster. Id like to try a Maxon od808, a ibanez tubescreamer, and an ibanez tube king but Im having trouble find em. Anyone have any recomendations? I play mostly brit stuff like Oasis, Stone Roses, and the Beatles.

Thanks

Pacomc

Post by Pacomc » Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:19 pm

I use a Direct Drive which is a very good overdrive built by David Barber of Barber Electronics I like it and its built like a tank. Check out the reviews on Harmony Central You might try just a volume booster though to increase your sustain as the amps overdrive is already killer.

voodoochild292

Post by voodoochild292 » Tue Feb 04, 2003 10:23 pm

Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive

Ness

Post by Ness » Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:11 am

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I use a Direct Drive which is a very good overdrive built by David Barber of Barber Electronics I like it and its built like a tank. Check out the reviews on Harmony Central You might try just a volume booster though to increase your sustain as the amps overdrive is already killer.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Hrm, I had not thought of that, in that case do you have any recomendations for a volume booster? Also, anyone ever used the Vox valvetone with the ad30, since the valvetone works great with an ac30 and the ad30 is modeled after the ac30.

Pacomc

Post by Pacomc » Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:42 pm

Musictoyz.com is a great place to find lots of great pedals I could not find anywhere else.

As far as boosters go ZVex super-hard on (don't laugh its a great boost) and Super Duper 2 in 1 are fairly expensive. (zvex.com)

You also may check out (Fulltone.com) the FAT BOOSTS are on sale right now he also makes a great overdrive (Fulldrive2)

My personal favorite is Pharaoh amps Class-A boost Matt can and will build you whatever you want and is a really nice guy. (pharaohamps.com)

Robert Keeley (Robertkeeley.com) good place to look for tubescreamers he modded one of Peter Framptons tubescreamers and 2 of Steve Vai's DS-1 oranges. I think that should speak for itself.

I don't have experience with the Vox sorry but if it works with the AC 30 it wouldn't hurt to try. Hope that helps

aussie

Post by aussie » Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:16 pm

hi there

i have been using an ad30 with a visual sounds jekyll and hyde pedal with some really good results (to my ears anyway). i know its not one of those posh boutique things but i get a great crunchy sound with the green channel and a flippin brilliant lead sound from the red channel. it sounds epic.

ta
aussie