Jimmy Eat World

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Anders

Post by Anders » Wed May 08, 2002 2:17 am

Saw SNL a couple weeks ago and Jimmy Eat World was playing. It was nice to see one of their guitarists jammin' with an old Orange 120 overdrive. A friend of mine used to be in a band that shared a practice space with Jimmy, and he said it was really strange to see that same amp in a much different venue. "I used to set my beer on that amp," he said.

boatsinbottles

Post by boatsinbottles » Wed May 08, 2002 10:34 pm

that's a great story. i've heard that his amp isn't an OR120, but your friend is probably an authority on that amp seeing as how he used to use it as a "beer stand." last time i saw they play, that guitarist had great tone running that orange into a vintage marshall cab!
Last edited by boatsinbottles on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

davidofdavidom

Post by davidofdavidom » Sat May 11, 2002 11:45 pm

I , think I remeber reading that was an RI? maybe I didnt...they have great tone all round, 70's marshall and a SF fender of some sort as well.sound great, a lot of EMO bands like that have great tone like the get up kids or the cooper temple clause...great stuff.

gearnut
Tiny Terror

Post by gearnut » Mon May 13, 2002 7:40 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I , think I remeber reading that was an RI? maybe I didnt...they have great tone all round, 70's marshall and a SF fender of some sort as well.sound great, a lot of EMO bands like that have great tone like the get up kids or the cooper temple clause...great stuff.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Yeah, the Get Up Kids have an awesome sound, both recorded and live. Overdriven and warm...last time I saw them I think they both were using jcm800's, with LP's and teles.

davidofdavidom

Post by davidofdavidom » Mon May 13, 2002 9:38 pm

we played live with them in 2000 in liverpool (getupkids) and they are my fav. band a real honour