Chainsaw sound

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

marknicolai192

Chainsaw sound

Post by marknicolai192 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:03 am

Hello guys,
First post here. Recently bought a rockerverb 100 and have really been impressed with it. I play more intense music in a group in the vein of Napalm Death. Very grindcore and sludge influenced. I use a Boss HM2 to get that chainsaw sound, but I wanted to ask y’all for any suggested settings. My current guitar is an LTD EC-401 with EMGz.
Thanks

mici88
Tiny Terror

Re: Chainsaw sound

Post by mici88 » Tue May 14, 2019 12:17 pm

AFAIR the "Chainsaw" is HM-2 and all knobs at max. Just put the clean channel at the edge of breakup and kick on HM-2.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: Chainsaw sound

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue May 14, 2019 2:38 pm

If you can swing it (They can be found for not too much money), you could try some RFT preamp valves for your dirty channel.

These preamp valves break up early, and break up hard and tight. I don't play your style of music, and removed them from my RV50 for that reason - it made the amp sound too hard for me, when I like its smooth compressed overdrive texture more.

However, I use the RFT preamp valve to great effect in other amps (one that was too smooth/vintagey and lacked gain, and in my R30).

I think you might well enjoy them in a RV100 for the very reason I didn't.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute