stargazer747
Tiny Terror

Re: More Gain From Orange Rocker 15 Terror

Post by stargazer747 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:42 pm

Moony wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:57 pm
stargazer747 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:51 pm

I'm with you on that for sure, I am very well aware of how an amp's tone can be altered just from using different model speakers and cabs. I use only 2 with my Terrors, Celestion Vintage 30 and Heritage speakers. I don't mix them up its either the Marhsall & Blackstar cabs with V30 or the two EVH5150III 112s with their Heritage. But I might try mixing that up one day just to hear how my tone changes.
I liked that EVH branded 50W Celestion very much, which they only use in their 1x12 combos. I had several requests to EVH, Celestion and some dealers, but there is simply no chance to get that speakers separateley. I wish they were regularly available. In this 1x12 Blackstar cab I liked a WGS Invader very much. If you want to try something different at some point. However it doesn't hurt to mix speakers and try several combinations. :)
The Vintage 30s and Heritage are quite different indeed and I am not sure mixing them up may get appealing results but I'll never know unless I try it. Independently they sound perfect for Orange Terrors, whether using cabs of 112, 212, or 412. However, the tone is very unique between the two speakers, without changing any of the EQ settings on my Terrors, I hear the V30s give more bottom where as the Heritage gets more highs. Hey, come to think of it, maybe they would balance out nicely. I'm on a mission now...
Orange Rocker 15 Terror-EVH5150III-Hughes&Kettner-Marshall-Celestion-Jackson-Fender-Gibson-PRS-Laguna-AnalogAlien-Earthquaker-Walrus-CryBaby-MXR-BOSS-EHX-Ibanez-TCE-ZOOM-DiMarzio-ErnieBall-Tortex-Pedaltrain

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:30 pm

Here's a thought:

Get a degree from an electronics college, set up an amp repair company, become an authorized repair center, and you can get all the schematics you want!

BEER!

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:22 pm

bclaire wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:30 pm
Here's a thought:

Get a degree from an electronics college, set up an amp repair company, become an authorized repair center, and you can get all the schematics you want!

BEER!
We wouldn't have all these wonderful amps if we followed that!

Moony

Post by Moony » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:34 pm

Jondog wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:22 pm
bclaire wrote:
Here's a thought:

BEER!
That's true!

Maybe there will be a time, when Orange Amplification will overthink their non existent support regarding to the schematics.

Moony

Post by Moony » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:07 pm

One more question: Has anyone here posted gut shots of the Rocker 15 so far?

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:25 pm

Moony wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:34 pm
Jondog wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:22 pm
bclaire wrote:
Here's a thought:

BEER!
That's true!

Maybe there will be a time, when Orange Amplification will overthink their non existent support regarding to the schematics.
Orange's support is top notch. Just because you can't get a schematic is no reason to slag off the good people who provide service. As a noob to the forum you don't really have the experience to know how good they are. For the record, we don't know if you're eight or eighty and what experience you have with electronics. We don't want a 13 year old poking around in an amp with voltages that could kill them because they stumbled onto a schematic. We're done with this topic - I'm locking it.