Cr60c vs micro dark

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

Charliecharles

Cr60c vs micro dark

Post by Charliecharles » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:18 am

I made an impulse decision on the cr60c free netflix in store today, completely forgetting about the videos I've seen on the micro dark. My normal play style is sludge/stoner metal. tech news Should I stick with the cr60, or spend the same amount on a cab and the micro dark?
Last edited by Charliecharles on Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OrangeBoy
Tiny Terror

Re: Cr60c vs micro dark

Post by OrangeBoy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:04 am

I have both and, IMO, the CR60 is capable of sludge/stoner but the caveat is I aint no expert. Depends on guitar, pups, whether down tuned or not, + a whole bunch of other factors, probably. It's way more versatile than the Micro Dark so from that POV it is also worth keeping. If it's new it does need a fair bit of break-in time to smooth the speaker.

I also play my Micro Dark a hell of a lot, but funnily enough I play it clean way more than dirty, 'tis a glorius sound IMO.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: Cr60c vs micro dark

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:24 pm

Charliecharles wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:18 am
I made an impulse decision on the cr60c in store today, completely forgetting about the videos I've seen on the micro dark. My normal play style is sludge/stoner metal. Should I stick with the cr60, or spend the same amount on a cab and the micro dark?
I reckon you went straight for the upgrade. You should congratulate yourself. 😀
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute