What was your 2018 musical highlight?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: What was your 2018 musical highlight?

Post by bclaire » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:38 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:11 pm
bclaire wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:13 am
Les Paul Lover wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:38 pm

You sure have packed in a lot during this year!!!!
Tried to!

Fun fact, that herringbone pattern of the guitar case is from the fabric pattern of a 1969 Chevy Camaro!
Sure looks like a lot of work went into the detail, with the matching headstock too.

Has it upstaged your gold leaf tele as #1?

Does the reverse headstock impact the way the strings ring?
The gold leaf Tele is still my number 1. This one sounds good, but the gold one is still better so far.

I like the look of the reverse headstock but.... it's a pain in the butt to reach the tuners.

Hubaxe
Orange Expert

Post by Hubaxe » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:18 am

Even if I still play a lot, no real highlight that year. I had to keep my energy for basic life stuff.
Low: I suffered a severe genetical depression, high: after one year I'm out of issue with this inherited disease.
So the highlight is I had still enough love for music that I never stopped playing and recording, and that probably helped me a lot :D

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:54 am

Hubaxe wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:18 am
Even if I still play a lot, no real highlight that year. I had to keep my energy for basic life stuff.
Low: I suffered a severe genetical depression, high: after one year I'm out of issue with this inherited disease.
So the highlight is I had still enough love for music that I never stopped playing and recording, and that probably helped me a lot :D

Glad you're feeling better. Must be a nice feeling to know that bad patch is now behind you.

I have always found music to be a tremendous help - when feeling stressed or down, you can somehow bring it, and to a degree get through it in the music you play.

I always find that I feel calmer and more relaxed after playing for a while.
I recently lost my dad, and being able to phrase that through music and my guitar has been helpful.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

stargazer747
Tiny Terror

Post by stargazer747 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:27 pm

Well, a lot of the highlights for me in 2018 were:
Orange Rocker 15 Terror
Orange Brent Hinds Terror
2nd Ivory EVH 5150 III Cab
Way Huge Saucy Box overdrive
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah Mini
Shift-Line Astronaut A+ Space Reverb
Wampler Ethereal
EHX Stereo Electric Mistress
EarthQuaker Devices Grand Orbiter
Digitech Nautila
CNZ Noise Gate

The lows were:
TC Electronics Minis, 5 of them; Flashback, HOF, Shaker, Vortex, Corona. I tried to like them but they weren't as impressive as I was expecting, their effect & tone were either too subtle or very extreme, the free Tone Print app downloaded on my smartphone to beam them thru guitar's pickup only worked half the time, then stopped altogether, not much support info available on that nor any factory reset when the pedals acted up. Could not get rid of them fast enough. Seriously disappointed and were the last of TCE pedals for me.
Orange Rocker 15 Terror-EVH5150III-Hughes&Kettner-Marshall-Celestion-Jackson-Fender-Gibson-PRS-Laguna-AnalogAlien-Earthquaker-Walrus-CryBaby-MXR-BOSS-EHX-Ibanez-TCE-ZOOM-DiMarzio-ErnieBall-Tortex-Pedaltrain