Dead (sort of) Rocket 32

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: Dead (sort of) Rocket 32

Post by Jondog » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:11 pm

I generally like Ade's ideas, but I don't see the big deal with hiding schematics. You might as well goop the PCB's if you're worried about people copying the design. Every amp is a copy of another amp, and it would only be copyright infringement if you copy the brand.

oldtickers

Post by oldtickers » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:42 pm

Sooner wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:28 am
You might try sending them a message on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OrangeAmps/
I contacted them via Facebook. Interesting enough I was sent a reply of " Contact our USA office". I told them that I did.

Waiting a response now.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:44 am

So, are you an amp tech? As in, people bring their amps to you for repair?

oldtickers

Post by oldtickers » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:11 am

Absolutely, been doing it for many years.

My Shop is called "The Cold Solder Joint" :)

I will get this one fixed, it just takes longer on an amp I am not familiar with without a schematic.

The customer will not pay for my "learning time" either. I chatted with him today and he is onboard with this issue.
I was hoping to get a head start since it seems to be a known issue on many of these amps during a particular time period. Later 2016- to early 2017.

edit - A few more bits of info since I was asked. I am 60 Yrs old, retired twice, once from the US NAVY and this past year from WestRock. I am here to support the local artists and students. The shop does not pay my bills, just my GAS habit. I am a member of a Volunteer Veterans band.

Ed