Rockerverb 50 Mk2 price

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

dobranskym

Rockerverb 50 Mk2 price

Post by dobranskym » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:39 am

Hi. I want to hear your opinion on that. Do you think that the price of the Rv mk2 will actually rise up in a couple of years/decades? I actually think there is a chance that the Rockerverb series will become legendary bc even now they are a classic in alternative/nu metal world(e.g. Jim Root, Brian Welch, Limp Bizkit or Skindred use them).
-Guitar: 2010 Gibson SG
-Pedalboard: SD1, DS1, Vox Wah, Marshall Regenerator, EHX Memory Toy, EHX Silencer, Boss Volume
-Amps: Rockerverb 50 Mk2, Kustom Quad 200, Fender Mustang combo

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Re: Rockerverb 50 Mk2 price

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:16 pm

No I don't think so and definitely not in a couple of years.....I think the Mki may have a better chance in a few decades time but the mark II? Orange amps generally have low second hand resale values, if you buy second hand then fine but they depreciate a lot from New plus is the mark II such a classic? that it will increase in value, I can't see it... The mkiii has better features and the mk i is the original model.
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Post by Boy_Narf » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:00 pm

Strongly disagree aswell. I had an MK1 and tried the whole "NO LONGER MADE, GETTING HARDER TO FIND, COLLECTORS ITEM" thing when I tried to sell it. No one cared. Only people with a special connection to the amp will have half a 5!@#. The only amp I would overpay for is a Rocker 30.

Now if you keep it for another 50 years in showroom condition you might have something special on your hands.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:04 pm

I can't see the MKII becoming a collector's gem.
The RV100 MKI and MKII are near identical, but the RV50 MKI with its 6V6 valves is a bit special.
Then the MKIII, with the pics only and added features probably edges it.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute