Footswitch experience

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Eenybear

Footswitch experience

Post by Eenybear » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:56 am

Hi

Today, I found a newish and sturdy. generic footswitch at a garage sale. I bought it with the hope it would work with the Orange Rocker 32. If not, I was planning to tweak the wiring to suit. Popped it open (6 screws) and saw the familiar component layout. Buttoned it up.

1. Set my Rocker32 to the dirty channel. 2. Used an extra regular instrument cable to connect the pedal.
3. Light came on with the distorted channel and went off with the clean channel.

I read posts where people say “it’s backwards because the light comes on with the clean channel”. Even with an FS-1. Easy fix - set the amp to the dirty channel before you start. 🤙

Works perfectly.
Hope this is helpful.
Ian

beninma

Re: Footswitch experience

Post by beninma » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:52 pm

With my Rocker 15 + FS-1 the light is on when you're on the dirty channel and the light is off when you're on the clean channel.

It sounds like you had it right the first time.

The switch on the amp needs to be set to the dirty channel for the foot switch to do anything. If the amp is set to "Natural" it stays on Natural no matter what you do with the footswitch.

Eenybear

Post by Eenybear » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:20 pm

Thanks yes... I had read some comments on another site complaining about the switch light and started my journey with the amp on the dirty switch. Zero confusion and zero disappointments. Seemed counter intuitive so I thought I'd share. Pretty minor point, I know, but sometimes it's the little things that frustrate us. :)

dflipp

Post by dflipp » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:33 pm

Jessss... I just can get this right! "Clean" is Channel A on my Thunderverb and B is "Dirty". Light is ON with A and OFF with B. I would say it is "reversed" and I would like to have it the other way round...

Can you explain to me R.E.A.L.L.Y S.L.O.W.L.Y how to get this right? "Right" would be "Clean" (Channel A) with LED OFF, "Dirty" (Channel B) with LED ON!!

Damn, I feel so stupid and it this is really "getting on my nerves".... Grrrrrrrr....

Thanks in advance!

Jgor

Post by Jgor » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:53 pm

beninma wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:52 pm

The switch on the amp needs to be set to the dirty channel for the foot switch to do anything. If the amp is set to "Natural" it stays on Natural no matter what you do with the footswitch.
Thanks for this info! I have a Rocker 15 and also a Crush 20RT and the switch simply works with that smaller amp, so I thought there was something wrong with my Rocker!

Hubaxe
Orange Expert

Post by Hubaxe » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:21 am

dflipp wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:33 pm
Jessss... I just can get this right! "Clean" is Channel A on my Thunderverb and B is "Dirty". Light is ON with A and OFF with B. I would say it is "reversed" and I would like to have it the other way round...

Can you explain to me R.E.A.L.L.Y S.L.O.W.L.Y how to get this right? "Right" would be "Clean" (Channel A) with LED OFF, "Dirty" (Channel B) with LED ON!!

Damn, I feel so stupid and it this is really "getting on my nerves".... Grrrrrrrr....

Thanks in advance!
Not sure you can, the switch is not self powered. The power for the light comes from the amp. so it's just the way it is.

I pilot my channels with a Nobels MS4, no light, as it roars, I know I'm on the dirty channel :mrgreen: