Omec Teleport problem

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

Nothos

Omec Teleport problem

Post by Nothos » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:14 am

Hello, I just bought the omec teleport two days ago and today I tried to plug directly my headphones in the output without connecting the omec to my computer and the sound came only from the left speaker of the headphones.
Then I tried connecting the omec to my computer and used some softwares, but still I had sound only from the left speaker.
How can I have the sound come from both speakers?

Thanks in advance

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: Omec Teleport problem

Post by bclaire » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:41 am

Read through the manual. If you are only getting one side, then the output is mono.

Nothos

Post by Nothos » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:09 pm

Hello, thanks for your reply.

I have already read the manual.

If the pedal's output is set to mono, how can I switch it to stereo? Also, if it is mono, how comes I can't hear my guitar in right and left speaker? (I don't have panned it to hard left!)

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:24 pm

Pretty sure you need to go into a device and then get headphones from that. Such as, an iPad, DAW, computer, etc. The OMEC doesn't have a headphone jack, just two outputs that are mono.

It's just like any other situation such as your guitar (mono) into a digital delay. You can have a stereo effect out but you are putting the mono signal into it.

Nothos

Post by Nothos » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:04 pm

Thanks for your reply bclaire!

That's weird because my focusrite scarlett solo interface audio has a mono input signal but the sound I get from it is on both speakers (stereo). Then again if I go on the orange amps website and I click on the Omec teleport pedal through the gear tab, it clearly says that the input is mono and the outputs are stereo:

''Mono to Stereo
Mono IN and Stereo OUT with a parallel buffer. There’s no limit to what you do with your signal. Now you can experiment with stereo effects from a single channel input signal.''

That's why I thought that I should be able to hear the sound from both speakers of my headphones, since the outputs are stereo (using a mini jack to normal jack converter, that's how it works with my focusrite anyway, https://www.thomann.de/gb/neutrik_rean_ ... ImVuIn0%3D ).

Whatever, I went through the entire sunday trying to figure it out, but I guess the advertising wasn't clear enough. Lucky me I can still use it in a live situation where I'm going to apply my computer effects on my amp.

However, let it be clear to other people who could be interested in this pedal that since the outputs aren't stereo, it's not pleasing to use this pedal to play directly with headphones or to record guitar on DAW like you would do with another interface audio.

Mystic38
Orange Expert

Post by Mystic38 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:21 pm

As Bclaire indicates, The teleport is simply an audio interface with a single input but two independent channels for output.

In order to place your guitar input to both output channels you will need to use software..either an app, or an application such as the amplitude software or a DAW to route (direct) the mono input to both channels.

As for...

''Mono to Stereo
Mono IN and Stereo OUT with a parallel buffer. There’s no limit to what you do with your signal. Now you can experiment with stereo effects from a single channel input signal.''

This is 100% correct and explains exactly what you are seeing.... ie.. a mono input does not automatically get routed to a stereo output on both channels unless the software tells it to do so.. and most equipment will simply place a mono signal on the left channel unless routed differently.

So find some app or software to setup the teleport and rock on :)
-Ian-

Orange Rocker 30c, PPC212 & PPC112, Fender DRRI, Marshall 2266
2012 Gibson LP Standard, 2001 Gibson LP DC Standard
2009 Fender Am. Standard Strat, 1999 Fender Am. Hardtail Strat
2014 G&L Fallout

***insert great photos of gear here***

Nothos

Post by Nothos » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:04 pm

Oh OK, shame that I can't do that with Bias FX or Reaper then. At least now I'm sure that my pedal is not defective!

Thank you very much for your help guys!

Have a nice day!

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:28 pm

I think "stereo" is that there are two mono outputs and you can use one for left and the other for right....

Nothos

Post by Nothos » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:47 pm

Yeah, that's what they mean apparently. However, I tried to plug in at the same time the speakers on the right output and headphones on the left output, but still got sound from the left side on both headphones and speakers.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:48 pm

Nothos wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:47 pm
Yeah, that's what they mean apparently. However, I tried to plug in at the same time the speakers on the right output and headphones on the left output, but still got sound from the left side on both headphones and speakers.
It's a mono signal and a TRS plug is only going to play one side.

Nothos

Post by Nothos » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:56 pm

Exactly and unfortunately.