Midi pedalboard/footswitching?????

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

robbvant

Midi pedalboard/footswitching?????

Post by robbvant » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:52 pm

What is everyone with orange amps doing to enable midi channel switching on a pedalboard.
I sold my dark terror a year ago been playing through an evh 5153 , with midi, a feature i cannot live without anymore. I really loved the disortion on my dark terror but no clean channel, i needed that. I just got a killer deal on a TH30 and I want to make my line 6 m13 work with channel switching ability. Is there any way of making it work?and are there any other stompbox modelers that work better with it than the M13. i only use modulation, i never run overdrives or amp simulators, i prefer getting all my distortion from my amp. and i only use modulation on my clean channel, i never run effects on the dirty channel.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: Midi pedalboard/footswitching?????

Post by bclaire » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:39 pm

I have a TC Electronics G-System that I use for all effects and to channel switch my amp as well. No need for midi with it.

although it probably does do midi - I just don't use that any longer.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:16 pm

Strymon mobius if your just using modulation. The M13 is a lot of real estate and the sound quality is amazing on the mobius. Midi controllable, has a loop for other pedals too if you want certain patches in front or behind a drive pedal.

Hubaxe
Orange Expert

Post by Hubaxe » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:23 am

I channel switch all my amps from my midi controlled rack, using an old but trusty Nobels MS4. 4 output, can be set t latch unlatch, etc.

If I used a pedalboard like G System, I would use the built in relay to switch channel.

Mystic38
Orange Expert

Post by Mystic38 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:15 pm

The G system would be perfect for this..

or, your M13 or (imo way better quality fx) a Nova system in the loop of the TH30 and a Voodoo labs control switcher.. https://www.amazon.com/Voodoo-Lab-Contr ... l+switcher
-Ian-

Orange Rocker 30c, PPC212 & PPC112, Fender DRRI, Marshall 2266
2012 Gibson LP Standard, 2001 Gibson LP DC Standard
2009 Fender Am. Standard Strat, 1999 Fender Am. Hardtail Strat
2014 G&L Fallout

***insert great photos of gear here***