LETS SEE SOME PEDALBOARDS!!!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

stargazer747
Tiny Terror

Re: LETS SEE SOME PEDALBOARDS!!!

Post by stargazer747 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:33 am

Last edited by stargazer747 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Heads: Orange Rocker 15 Terror, Brent Hinds Terror, Signature #4 Jim Root Terror, Dark Terror, Micro Dark Terror - Cabs: Marshall 412 Celestion Vintage 30s, EVH 5150 III 212 & 112 Celestion 70th Anniversary

stargazer747
Tiny Terror

Post by stargazer747 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:31 am

It can get pretty costly, not that I make tons of money nor is it that I am getting paid for playing. But when you have a passion for something as all of us here on this forum do for music, its hard to hold to a budget. I do look towards some gear I would love to own but went for a modestly priced model or alternative because I could not justify its price tag. We all have to live within our means and if there is a piece of gear you would like but cannot go for it new, you can looks towards getting it used from eBay, Reverb.com, Guitar Center, etc. A few of my gear were bought used from those sites. In all I have 4x Orange Terror heads, 3x 112 cabs & 1x 412 cab all with Celestions, 22x pedals on 2x pedalboards with pricey DiMarzio patch cables and extra 9V power supplies, 7x guitars, and 1x keyboard synth from the 80s! Not to mention thru the years so many pieces of equipment I had and sold off, traded in, or gave away!

I have set up 4 rigs, 2 of which are pictured here plus 2 others, another 112 cab by Ibanez and the Orange Micro Dark Terror and a big rig with the Rocker 15 Terror & a Marshall 412 cab (all 4 of my cabs are Celestions), sort of giving myself enough options for tone and for whatever band I end up jamming in and if we ever play live, I've got that covered. I was even thinking of setting up a 3rd pedalboard, smaller than these 2 maybe with just 4 essential pedals on it.

I try not to let price be a major factor in what gear I'm looking towards, but there is plenty of gear I would like to buy but I won't cause of the price, if myself and the buddies I jam with become a professional gigging band and we get paid for it, then maybe. All hobbies are expensive; music, motorcycles, hunting, flying, driving muscles cars, gaming computers, tattoos, etc...
Heads: Orange Rocker 15 Terror, Brent Hinds Terror, Signature #4 Jim Root Terror, Dark Terror, Micro Dark Terror - Cabs: Marshall 412 Celestion Vintage 30s, EVH 5150 III 212 & 112 Celestion 70th Anniversary

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:01 am

Finally got a good fuzz!

Greg

stargazer747
Tiny Terror

Post by stargazer747 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:48 pm

Update: Changed out yet again my "Lite Duty" or "Backup" Pedalboard that has quickly evolved into "The Other" just as large (24" x 12"), heavy, and expensive as my main board, here it is completed only yesterday, its a ProTec Stonewood 24" x 12" the signal path is split into 2 for Preamp & FX Loop pedals thru the Temple Audio Quad Patch Junction Box using the 4-cable method, both signal chains have their own LiveWire 9V 1700mA power supply feeding the pedals on a daisy chain, and mostly connected via DiMarzio 6" & 12" cables. On earlier posted pictures it showed the Zoom G1On in the FX Loop side, I wanted to use that for quiet practice with headphones so I swapped it out for TC Electronics mini but they did not turn out to be as great as I had hoped, so I decided on some boutique brands which proved to be the right decision yet needed the board to be a bigger one. It originally started off 2 years ago on a PedalTrain Metro 24 with no-frills less expensive FX but as we all know tone is tone so there was no stopping this ultimate change. I call this board "Ambient meets Vintage"...

This is my all MXR/Dunlop board, called simply the "MXR board" for lack of a better name, setup is the same as "The Other" but on a Diago Gigman PB02 also 24" x 12" (now both boards are really essentially similar, each can be a backup for the other) this one has remained unchanged 2 years now, I am proud to add...
Last edited by stargazer747 on Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

MarshallGibsons

Post by MarshallGibsons » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:48 am

I'm never happy, so its constantly changing, when develop the patience to tackle it.

Recently I ditched a homemade board I had made, when I decided to upgrade to the TrueTone CS12. I'd tried the Voodoo Labs and was not impressed at all, plus bracket is sold separately and and the 18v connectors... naw. You get all that stuff with the TrueTone... plus whisper quiet power.

Flanger is probably coming off (maybe) later this week. Buying a POG off a friend.
Custom Shop 50
Micro Terror w/ matching cab
PPC412

ReggaeJoe

Post by ReggaeJoe » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:33 am

This is a bit dated now, though. I've got my Strymon Riverside OD on the board in place of the MXR OD, and I took the Doubler out and put my Behringer reverb back in.
Gibson guitars / Orange amps / Reggae/ Rock and Roll

Meowatthesun

Post by Meowatthesun » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:28 pm

SexingtonVonHercules

Post by SexingtonVonHercules » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:24 pm