Two brand new Orange Rocker-32 Amps died in VERY short time

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

orange_failure

Re: Two brand new Orange Rocker-32 Amps died in VERY short time

Post by orange_failure » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:04 pm

I'm an unhappy Orange user. Looks like I'm not welcome here.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:24 pm

orange_failure wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:04 pm
Tried to help, don't know what you're expecting. Everyone is welcome. Your screen name is "orange_failure" and you haven't been open to solving the issue with whatever troubleshooting advice we can give you. I don't think we're the ones causing the negative vibes here. Sorry you're unhappy. It's too bad, because it's a pretty awesome amp. I'd get some new tubes from your dealer, should be covered by the warranty. Likely to solve the issue. If not, we can't do much else for you.

orange_failure

Post by orange_failure » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:46 pm

I was pretty damn happy for a brief period. I really loved the stereo returns that worked nicely with my effects pedals.

I did notice the static on the volume pot immediately - and that was a little more than annoying - and definitely something to fix reasonably quick. I didn't even think much of it when the first amp died in LESS than two hours of use. But, then the second one died during band practice. The band doesn't want me to gig with this amp. So, you might say, Orange failed the audition.

As for repairing these amplifiers that would be trivial for someone like me - if I had bought a used Rocker-32 amp and if that amp died I would have fixed it in a day - but these are supposedly new - I saw two amps unboxed at the store. I spent over $2200 - and so on.

I spoke to the Orange representative this morning and got the impression that the frequency of these failures isn't high - but I didn't get any data either. I expected to hear that. Everyone at Guitar Showcase claimed Orange amps in general are drop dead reliable - and I don't see posts anywhere indicating that Rocker-32 amps are dropping like flies all around us.

However, digging a little deeper I saw the poor quality myself - with my own eyes.
Jondog wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:24 pm
orange_failure wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:04 pm
Tried to help, don't know what you're expecting. Everyone is welcome. Your screen name is "orange_failure" and you haven't been open to solving the issue with whatever troubleshooting advice we can give you. I don't think we're the ones causing the negative vibes here. Sorry you're unhappy. It's too bad, because it's a pretty awesome amp. I'd get some new tubes from your dealer, should be covered by the warranty. Likely to solve the issue. If not, we can't do much else for you.

Phlowen
Rocker

Post by Phlowen » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:50 pm

Let us know when Orange or the store you bought them from makes everything right for you. I'd love to see your screen name change once they make it right!

I love Orange, but I understand your frustration: I would also be very upset in your shoes.
RV 50 MKI | TH30 | RV 50 MKIII
G&L Tele (ASAT Classic) | Musicman Bongo 5
Anesthesia - Post-Rock/Ambient band - anesthesiaproject.com

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:49 pm

I know you're unhappy. I also know you said you'd be calling Orange today but so far today all you've done is shoot a video and complain on a forum.

That's not helping your cause.

You know what to do. Call Orange, bring the amps back to the dealer. Then PM me and I will unlock this unproductive thread.