Orange Customer Service

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Caoimhin

Orange Customer Service

Post by Caoimhin » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:36 pm

A few years ago I came across a PPC412 for a great price online. I was so excited to get a good deal and finally have a full stack but that all changed when the cab was dropped off at my door. I was walking up to my door after work and I could see the damaged box and my heart just sank. I opened it and seen that the back panel was punctured.. I could tell the forks from a forklift went right through it. I emailed the seller right away so we could file a claim with the shipping company and see if I can just get a hold of a new back panel. A week goes by without receiving a reply and all of the sudden I get a call from an Orange employee saying they heard from the seller what happened and they're very sorry. He also apologized about not being able to supply me with a new back panel. We talked a little about gear and that was it.

A few days later I got a envelope from Orange in the mail with some stickers and picks. I know it's something small but it really meant a lot to me and I never forgot about it. I never gave the guy my address so he must have went out of his way to contact the seller.

I feel like an ass because I can't remember the guys name but if by some chance he comes across this, I just wanted to say thanks again!
Thunderverb 200, Rockerverb 100 MKII, OR50, Dark Terror, Friedman BE 100, JCM 800 2203

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: Orange Customer Service

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:23 pm

Very nice!!!

I must say though..... with Orange being the actual manufacturer of the back panel, I'm surprised they couldn't send you a new one- except for safety concerns regarding the speaker to output jacks wiring. I assume it must have been that.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Tue May 01, 2018 9:48 pm

I've also found their service to be nothing but top-notch. I called them and they put me through to Ade directly...3 times! I had a weird RV50C problem and they ended up replacing the guts of the amp for no cost.

D|C|M|E
Tiny Terror

Post by D|C|M|E » Fri May 04, 2018 8:33 pm

I've been through the ringer with bad fortune on two of my Orange RV heads and the people I am in contact with at Orange have always been amazingly catering. Hats off to them. My guy at Orange is Derron. Super legit and out of this world good dude.
Orange Rockerverb 100 MKIII [2017]
Orange PPC412-A [2017]
Orange PPC412 [2017]
Gibson SG Standard Silverburst [2007]
Gibson SG Standard Heritage Cherry [2016]
More than a dozen drive/Fuzz boxes.

Gray
Orange Expert

Post by Gray » Sat May 05, 2018 2:57 am

Les Paul Lover wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:23 pm
I must say though..... with Orange being the actual manufacturer of the back panel, I'm surprised they couldn't send you a new one- except for safety concerns regarding the speaker to output jacks wiring. I assume it must have been that.
It's probably because it was a third-party sale. They sent me a new baffle when I needed one for my 2x12 after I verified the S/N and purchase info. I had also registered my cab through the website when I bought it.

They paid for the shipping too. Great service all around.

langmurf
Rocker

Post by langmurf » Sat May 19, 2018 1:14 am

I live about 30 minutes away from Orange USA's headquarters in Atlanta, GA. I bought a Tiny Terror Hardwired used and brought it in to them for a checkup right after I got the amp. Then I brought it back to them when I had a problem with a blowing fuse that I was unable to diagnose myself. (Turned out to be a bad PI tube. I should've caught that.)

They treated this amateur guitarist like a rock star. They were professional, polite, and never condescended. When the PI tube was diagnosed as bad, they replaced the fuse, the PI tube -and- gave me a new set of power tubes. I paid for the bench time, which was about $30.

Turn-around time was great; estimated 2 weeks, got the call/email to p/u in less than a week.

Orange: great products, GREAT service. Customer for life here.
Orange Rocker 15 Combo, Orange Two Stroke
2007 Gibson Melody Maker; Cort Steinberger