Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: NAMM 2018

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:18 am

caldurham wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:26 pm
Jondog wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:22 pm
Just listened to Brian Wamplers things that suck about NAMM video. Interesting thing he mentioned at the end was he doesn’t like to release his biggest products at NAMM. Basically said he feels theres so much being released it just gets lost in the mix. Interesting perspective.
he has an interesting perspective on a lot of things if you watch his youtube channel. lots of information and he is not scared to reveal 'secrets' if you want to call them that.

One of my music shop sent me their NAMM update.
The list simply for guitar gear was huge!!!

I just stopped reading through it. Don't have the time!!!!
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

patingermany

Post by patingermany » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:05 pm

so cool!

...but why does Orange have your Jimmy Bean?
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:22 pm

patingermany wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:05 pm
so cool!

...but why does Orange have your Jimmy Bean?
Lent it to them for the "museum" at NAMM as well as my OMEC 150EQ.

shafferhead

Post by shafferhead » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:33 pm

Jondog wrote:
Just listened to Brian Wamplers things that suck about NAMM video. Interesting thing he mentioned at the end was he doesn’t like to release his biggest products at NAMM. Basically said he feels theres so much being released it just gets lost in the mix. Interesting perspective.
Im just waiting for a Orange all tube basshead thats cheaper than 2400 USD :-D

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:43 pm

shafferhead wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:33 pm
Jondog wrote:
Keep bringing it up they might listen if you get enough people talking. Thats how alot of amps they have now came to be.

shafferhead

Post by shafferhead » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:00 am

Jondog wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:43 pm
shafferhead wrote:
Jondog wrote:
Keep bringing it up they might listen if you get enough people talking. Thats how alot of amps they have now came to be.
Lets hope so!

Kinda waiting for anything from Orange thats not lunchbox size and not with the pricetag of the custom shop or rockerverb :-D

What bugs me these days with Orange is that they have terribly limited selection of amps. Its all lunchbox 15w heads unless you are rich and can afford a Rockerverb or Custom Shop. Unless you want to be stuck with EL84s, 30watts, limited tonal options (TH30/AD30).

Then theres the cabs, PPC212 closed back cabs are great, but only shipped with VOTW or V30s. Replacing V30s with Greenbacks or something would add atleast 400 USD more ontop of an already expencive cab.

Its just to limited. Marshall got it right this year with the Origin 50w head. Get a 2061cx 2x12 cab for a great rig at less cost than a RV50. Its sad, i love Orange but they need to get their act togheter and bring us some NEW cool stuff thats not 15watts or V30s.

Id sell my soul if they released the OR50 and a PPC212 with G12H30 or G12M25 at a reasonable price. Like seriously. I would kill for that.

Lyric
Tiny Terror

Post by Lyric » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:20 am

shafferhead wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:00 am
Jondog wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:43 pm
shafferhead wrote:

Lets hope so!

Kinda waiting for anything from Orange thats not lunchbox size and not with the pricetag of the custom shop or rockerverb :-D

What bugs me these days with Orange is that they have terribly limited selection of amps. Its all lunchbox 15w heads unless you are rich and can afford a Rockerverb or Custom Shop. Unless you want to be stuck with EL84s, 30watts, limited tonal options (TH30/AD30).

Then theres the cabs, PPC212 closed back cabs are great, but only shipped with VOTW or V30s. Replacing V30s with Greenbacks or something would add atleast 400 USD more ontop of an already expencive cab.

Its just to limited. Marshall got it right this year with the Origin 50w head. Get a 2061cx 2x12 cab for a great rig at less cost than a RV50. Its sad, i love Orange but they need to get their act togheter and bring us some NEW cool stuff thats not 15watts or V30s.

Id sell my soul if they released the OR50 and a PPC212 with G12H30 or G12M25 at a reasonable price. Like seriously. I would kill for that.
I’ve been on the edge lately of picking up a Orange Rockerverb MKiii and Orange PPC412 but each time I look back at Orange I keep noticing a lot of empty unused space within the model lineup. I think they outta bring back the TH50 & TH100 as a midway point between the TH30 and Rockerverb 50 & 100 MKiii. The lunchbox stuff is getting old, it’s cool but more is needed. Hell I think Hughes & Kettner got it perfect with the Grandmeister Deluxe 40, Tubemeister Deluxe 40, Tubemeister 36, Tubemeister 18 - these look great and their smart. But I think Orange is playing the game here but not giving a lot of options outside the lunchbox models that it kind of forces you to go $$$.

Just my opinion, not hating but just my thoughts. But if you can afford it the Rockerverb MKiii is the way to go. I just would like to see another 50 watt and 100 watt tube version added to the lineup. Give some flexibility.
17' Taylor 814CE
10' Manuel Rodriguez Cocobolo
14' Fender Limited Edition LoneStar Strat
16' Fender Classic Player 60's Jazzmaster
15' Fender Classic Player Jaguar
17' Reverend Double Agent 20th Anniversary
04' Ibanez SA220

Orange CR120H/Crush Pro 4x12

Mystic38
Orange Expert

Post by Mystic38 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:57 pm

The beauty of tube amps is that there is never a reason to get nervous.. ss stuff and modeling stuff gets obsolete quick but tube amps are as good as the day you get them pretty much forever.

Marshall DID do a great job with the Origin and the new DSL.. the DSL line was a shrill ice pick set of too much gain and too little features unless you got the 100H.. so these refinements means somebody there actually started listening to their amps. ..as to why there was never a small block 40W head of the dsl40 combo beats the fk outta me.. it would sell like hotcakes.. not everyone wants a head wider than a mini!

the origin to me looks like a slimmed down VM made overseas.. overall tonal concept is similar, and switchable fx loop is a huge plus, and the tilt control is better than the body/detail of the VM given that most folk trying that amp have little clue how to setup the input side.

both amps are interesting and i suspect will sell well, but the origin combos get stiffed with small speakers.
Dexter211275 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:37 am
Marshall totally stole the show with a nice upgrade to the DSL line and the new Origin line. Some people like me who have been on the fence waiting to see what Orange would do are getting nervous they aren't releasing anything more than the little 15 watt heads and looking elsewhere for a new amp right now.
-Ian-

Orange Rocker 30c, PPC212 & PPC112, Fender DRRI, Marshall 2266
2012 Gibson LP Standard, 2001 Gibson LP DC Standard
2009 Fender Am. Standard Strat, 1999 Fender Am. Hardtail Strat
2014 G&L Fallout

***insert great photos of gear here***

jerem37

Post by jerem37 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Hi all,
firstly, sorry for my poor english and if it's not the right topic (i searched also on the technical but i've not find one just about the BHT15 so i choose this one that seems popular!!).
I've just a question about the new BHT15, cause there is no precision about that on the spec of the amp's page (think it will be good to precise it...):
Even if the amp is new and there's a lot of chance that nobody have already have to change his EL84 (luckily for owners :mrgreen: ), does the BHT a cathode bias amp like the old Tiny Terror and most of Orange amps, or does it need a re-bias by a tech when changing the EL84 duet?
Important question...: cause unfortunately, for those (about to rock :lol: :arrow: ) that can't buy in a shop and so that have to buy on the net, and there is always a risk for the tube when shipping an amp... especially with nowaday's tube quality and nowaday's brutal delivery mens...
Thanks all!!

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:06 pm

jerem37 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:00 pm
Hi all,
firstly, sorry for my poor english and if it's not the right topic (i searched also on the technical but i've not find one just about the BHT15 so i choose this one that seems popular!!).
I've just a question about the new BHT15, cause there is no precision about that on the spec of the amp's page (think it will be good to precise it...):
Even if the amp is new and there's a lot of chance that nobody have already have to change his EL84 (luckily for owners :mrgreen: ), does the BHT a cathode bias amp like the old Tiny Terror and most of Orange amps, or does it need a re-bias by a tech when changing the EL84 duet?
Important question...: cause unfortunately, for those (about to rock :lol: :arrow: ) that can't buy in a shop and so that have to buy on the net, and there is always a risk for the tube when shipping an amp... especially with today's tube quality and today's brutal delivery mens...
Thanks all!!
Cathode bias. I have had tubes go bad during shipping, but sometimes that can be warrantied.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:37 pm

Sorry guys, gonna do it in French.

Les lampes devraient être garanties 3 moins si tu achètes ton ampli neuf.

Pas besoin de régler le courant les lampes EL84. Donc tu peux les remplacer tout seul quand tu veux.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

jerem37

Post by jerem37 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Thank you Jondog :wink:
@Les Paul Lover: et merci mec!!

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:05 am

Just to comment on an earlier opinion

I also think Orange are getting it wrong.

I am a long term Orange amp user, but there's nothing in line that I would consider buying to tempt me away from my AD30htc (which is a great amp)

No 30 or 50 watt full size amp with el34s, and 3 band eq ?

No 50 watt amp in the line up?

The only 30 watt full size head with effects loop is the th30 and that does not even have a full eq?

Yes I have to agree Orange need to introduce another full size head, there does seen to be a gap in the lineup..... probably made in china to keep costs down , 50 watts with 3 band eq , effects loop 2 channels and power scaling.....with el34s.

And to totally complete my wish list Id base it around the OR models with an HF control!
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30