An album all made in Orange!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

tommygunn

An album all made in Orange!

Post by tommygunn » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi Orange fellas!
I play in John Malkovitch! an instrumental band lost in the countryside of Italy. We recently released our first LP, all live recorded (except some overdubs) with 2 orange AD30 for guitar (a orange ppc212 cab and a fender 2x12 cab on the other) and a OB-1 300 for bass (ampeg 4x10).
Both guitars were using channel 1 on the edge of break up, mine (fender mustang) was driven with an original russian muff (the big green one), while the other (gibson les paul studio) with a modded proco rat, bass used a way huge green rhino for a little dirt and the distortion of the amp for the BIG dirt.

Here is our bandcamp link: https://johnmalkovitch.bandcamp.com/alb ... f-selenium

Feel free to give any feedback about tone, composition, recording, cover, anything that crosses your mind :)
Gear
Guitars: Fender Mustang, Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amps: Orange AD30HTC w/ , ppc212 clone
Effects: Big Muff Triangle clone, Catalinbread Super Chilli Picoso, MXR Phase 90, EHX Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai, Boss RV-6,

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: An album all made in Orange!

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:56 pm

I really like what you guys are doing.

Moody, broody, very well played, great feel. You need to find a singer the music is great, but it seems to be missing a singer IMO.

Difficult to find a good match for your type of music i expect. (Both in voice and artistic style).
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

caldurham
Rocker

Post by caldurham » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:44 am

like it!! and i agree a singer would be good. not even saying you gotta have vocals everywhere. but regardless i like it!

SIXTENCONNECTOR

Post by SIXTENCONNECTOR » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:42 pm

Spacey.. Me Like
https://soundcloud.com/sixtenconnector/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... nnector-ep