Dual Terror Owners ?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Mezzamort

Dual Terror Owners ?

Post by Mezzamort » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:12 am

Hello My Friends what are all your opinions on the Dual Terror ? After all these years of the DT what say you on the DT as a whole Good and Bad if any, mod or not mod ,Nos Tubes and stock tubes ? Reliability any thoughts whatsoever !!!
"And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make "Lennon & McCartney "Imagine all the people living in the world in peace " John Lennon !

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: Dual Terror Owners ?

Post by bclaire » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:55 am

EDIT: still in production....

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:00 am

Crikey is that another one what's gone by the way side .......
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:38 pm

Ronnie Robinson wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:00 am
Crikey is that another one what's gone by the way side .......
I think it’s still in production. Not listed as discontinued on their website. But I wouldn’t be surprised if Billy is correct.
To the OP, I’ve owned two in my lifetime. Great amp, the Fat channel side by side with my Rocker 30 I was able to disl in an almost identical tone. Fat channel has a bit different design to the Tiny Terror channel.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:39 pm

Diablos used to prefer it to both his TV50 and his Rocker 30 if I remember correctly.

I've never tried it personally.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

lowerorder2017

Post by lowerorder2017 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:48 pm

Big fan of mine!

Have gigged with it often, smaller venues I've knocked it right down to 7w and bigger places put the power up to 30w, never felt like I couldn't hear myself; it has quite a pugnacious midrange that is great in a mix. For context I play in a three piece punk band but I love my DT.
I own more amps than I need but less than I want.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:15 am

Whoops! Guess I was thinking of the TT....

b80
Tiny Terror

Post by b80 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:10 pm

Love mine. I just posted this in another thread:

Hello there! I gig a Dual Terror. The various bands in which I take part have a few different styles. My main band for years was a punk-ish/rock band. Descendents, Weezer and the like. Loud guitars and loud drums. I never used any pedals. Just cranked the amp. It was perfect. It was glorious.

The band I've started, now, is more of an Oasis/Ryan Adams type. The Orange Dual Terror has SHINED in this capacity. I've owned a Vox AC30, in the past, and the DT does that "edge of breakup" tone so much better (in my opinion). With this band I've been using a Klon KTR and EQD Dispatch Master in front.

As for volume, I usually don't take it off the 7 watt mode for gigs. We are mic'd 100% of the time, so it's not an issue. For practice, I'll just flip up to the 15 watt mode and I've never had an issue being heard, or hearing myself in the mix.

My band The Start Up
Spotify

Paulholland

Post by Paulholland » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:55 am

The dual terror is great. Had one it got stolen and bought another. I also have a TT combo and rocker 30 head. I play in 2 different bands both are punk/indie sounding bands influenced by classic punk and 90's grunge/alternative. I prefer open back cabs with the dual terror. The cab I currently use with it is a modded marshal 8412. On one side I've got a green back on top and vintage 30 on bottom and it's closed. On the other side I have vintage 30 on top and g12h30 anniversary on bottom and it's open. It really makes the cleans come alive and adds bass to the dirt. My other set up is rocker 30 with orange ppc212OB. I can use either set up in either band they both sound amazing! Dual terror is plenty loud. I never set it to the full 30 watts. A cool trick I've discovered if you want the 2 channel vibe of the dual terror but can only afford the tiny terror. Buy a used boss ds1, clip out d4, d5 and r17. Set the tiny terror just a tiny gain a bit under 11 o clock (edge of break up) and when you kick in the ds1 it sounds 98% the same as when the amps gain is naturally set at 3pm!

Mezzamort

Post by Mezzamort » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:36 pm

Thank you so much for your reply's Be safe and most of All be Happy !!!
"And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make "Lennon & McCartney "Imagine all the people living in the world in peace " John Lennon !

mj6thbuif
Tiny Terror

Post by mj6thbuif » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:42 pm

Paulholland wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:55 am
The dual terror is great. Had one it got stolen and bought another. I also have a TT combo and rocker 30 head. I play in 2 different bands both are punk/indie sounding bands influenced by classic punk and 90's grunge/alternative. I prefer open back cabs with the dual terror. The cab I currently use with it is a modded marshal 8412. On one side I've got a green back on top and vintage 30 on bottom and it's closed. On the other side I have vintage 30 on top and g12h30 anniversary on bottom and it's open. It really makes the cleans come alive and adds bass to the dirt. My other set up is rocker 30 with orange ppc212OB. I can use either set up in either band they both sound amazing! Dual terror is plenty loud. I never set it to the full 30 watts. A cool trick I've discovered if you want the 2 channel vibe of the dual terror but can only afford the tiny terror. Buy a used boss ds1, clip out d4, d5 and r17. Set the tiny terror just a tiny gain a bit under 11 o clock (edge of break up) and when you kick in the ds1 it sounds 98% the same as when the amps gain is naturally set at 3pm!
How do you set the DS1?