Dark Terror Problems

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

ElGrapffe

Dark Terror Problems

Post by ElGrapffe » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:55 am

I own a lovely Dark Terror and changed the power tubes, while doing that I also checked the fuse. I got the amp used, so I noticed the screw that houses the fuse, was in rather bad shape. Upon opening it to take a look at the fuse one of the "wings" that holds the screw in the fuseholder broke off. Seems like the previous owner put too much force on it.
Now just for short testing I still gave it a shot putting it back in and turning the amp on, just too see if the tubes light up (which they do). But there was no sound at all, not even the little hum which it normally has.
So I'm guessing the amp doesn't work without the fuse and I need the correct replacement-screw for the fuseholder. Anyone got an idea which ones are used in a DT and maybe where to get them (based in EU).

Thanks for the help.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: Dark Terror Problems

Post by bclaire » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:26 am

Quickest and easiest way to do it is to bring it to an amp tech and have them do it. They probably will have the part there.

If you have soldering skills and can refrain from touching any parts inside that could kill you, then you should be able to match it up with a replacement part from either an electronics store or online. If you don't have soldering skills take it to a tech.