effects loop signal boosters

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Michelle911

effects loop signal boosters

Post by Michelle911 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:15 pm

anybody have any experience with these? I'm not volume boosting, I just need a stronger signal to drive my H9 properly... I can just turn the amps up LOL that works, but 90% of the time I'm playing at lower volumes.

EBtech has a Line Level Shifter and Morely has an Effects Loop Corrector. Just curious before I order one of these... maybe there's something better I have not found.

thanks

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: effects loop signal boosters

Post by Les Paul Lover » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:47 pm

The micro amp does just that,and so does the zvez SHO too, as do plenty others. All you need really is something that is a clean boost.

At lower volume, you may find something that brightens it up a touch nicer, as it will compensate a bit for the amp not being quite loud enough to get the best of it.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:11 pm

I'd give the Morley or EB Tech a go. They are the same thing I think as the EB TEch is labeled Line Level Shifter by Morley. They use transformers which are better for controlling hiss and unwanted noise.

Michelle911

Post by Michelle911 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:23 pm

I wasn't sure about regular boost pedals since I'm not after a volume boost really, just a signal boost. The H9 runs in my effects loops, and its input levels are barely into the green at normal volume. I need to boost those levels without actually boosting my volume. The two boxes I mentioned have 4 jacks - they boost the signal directly after the Send and then they cut the signal level back just before the Return - so you have this: Send > LoopCorrector(+) > H9 > LoopCorrector(-) > Return.

seemed to be a more elegant solution... the SHO tho... :lol: wow

Michelle911

Post by Michelle911 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:37 pm

just following this up.... I got the EB techs and they're doing their job beautifully... I kinda hoped to have even hotter levels, but boost seems to have done the trick with my H9.