NRD - New Record Day :) (Orange content, of course)

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

saturnine
Rocker

NRD - New Record Day :) (Orange content, of course)

Post by saturnine » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:08 am

Maybe it's a bit off topic but I'm really happy that my band released our debut album online!

It's actually quite Orange related in a way as all distorted guitars, aswell as distorted bass tracks, were recorded with my RV50 MK I + PPC412 :)

I hope someone find it interesting enough to give it a listen and maybe a comment ;)

https://open.spotify.com/album/5NvYR5aF23vYDkVwu58SAK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

/J
Last edited by saturnine on Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orange RV50 MK I Head
Orange PPC412
Orange PPC112 x2
Orange Micro Terror
Ibanez TSA15H
2x Gibson SG Standard
Peter Naglitsch Custom
Fender Tele ´72 Roadworn
Fender Tele FSR Custom
Squier Tele Classic Vibe
Jackson ATX
Jackson TH-2
Hagström Viking
Pedals...

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Re: NRD - New Record Day :)

Post by Norrin Radd » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:29 pm

Congrats! Nothing like getting that completed, I imagine. Can't go wrong with RV50 MK1. Great amp. 8)
Greg

saturnine
Rocker

Re: NRD - New Record Day :)

Post by saturnine » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:54 am

Norrin Radd wrote:Congrats! Nothing like getting that completed, I imagine. Can't go wrong with RV50 MK1. Great amp. 8)
Thanks, man :) It's really a nice feeling to have it released and it will feel great when I'll hold the vinyl version in my hands, in a couple of weeks!

I really love that amp! It's got the sound that I sought for many years. When recorded, the first track sounds kind of dull, but when doubled - pure magic. On this recording we've recorded guitar tracks left, right and also one in the middle to fatten up things even more.

/J
Orange RV50 MK I Head
Orange PPC412
Orange PPC112 x2
Orange Micro Terror
Ibanez TSA15H
2x Gibson SG Standard
Peter Naglitsch Custom
Fender Tele ´72 Roadworn
Fender Tele FSR Custom
Squier Tele Classic Vibe
Jackson ATX
Jackson TH-2
Hagström Viking
Pedals...

MikeD
Orange Expert

Re: NRD - New Record Day :) (Orange content, of course)

Post by MikeD » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:21 am

Thats some quality recordings you got going on there. I have a really old philips High-fi pre amp with 2 aktive 545 MFB-studio speakers and they really enjoyed the spread. I really like the toms, wide spread, way back and dry but in total they seem really wet. The whole productions just really breathes,,,nice and open, reminds me of OPETHS live from Albert hall production.

Now get a singer and get famous ;-)
Gibson: Angus Young SG 03 / LP Standard 05 / Firebird V 01
Orange: RV50 mkII & ppc212-c / Micro Dark & ppc112 / TH30 Combo

saturnine
Rocker

Post by saturnine » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:30 pm

MikeD wrote:Thats some quality recordings you got going on there. I have a really old philips High-fi pre amp with 2 aktive 545 MFB-studio speakers and they really enjoyed the spread. I really like the toms, wide spread, way back and dry but in total they seem really wet. The whole productions just really breathes,,,nice and open, reminds me of OPETHS live from Albert hall production.

Wow!!

Thank you so much for those kind words :)

We haven´t really thought of Opeth as guiding star through production and mixing, maybe a bit more Cult of Luna, Caspian, Mogwai or Year of no Light. I really like Opeth though, as well as (or even more) Katatonia.

For this record we made the decision to exclude lead vocals (there are some vocals part if you listen carefully, hehe) as we collectively were a bit tired of "troubles" connected to vocalists in the past and we´re all fans of instrumental music.

But who knows what happens when we´re ready to record next album ;)

/J
Orange RV50 MK I Head
Orange PPC412
Orange PPC112 x2
Orange Micro Terror
Ibanez TSA15H
2x Gibson SG Standard
Peter Naglitsch Custom
Fender Tele ´72 Roadworn
Fender Tele FSR Custom
Squier Tele Classic Vibe
Jackson ATX
Jackson TH-2
Hagström Viking
Pedals...

MikeD
Orange Expert

Post by MikeD » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:12 pm

saturnine wrote:
MikeD wrote:Thats some quality recordings you got going on there. I have a really old philips High-fi pre amp with 2 aktive 545 MFB-studio speakers and they really enjoyed the spread. I really like the toms, wide spread, way back and dry but in total they seem really wet. The whole productions just really breathes,,,nice and open, reminds me of OPETHS live from Albert hall production.

For this record we made the decision to exclude lead vocals (there are some vocals part if you listen carefully, hehe) as we collectively were a bit tired of "troubles" connected to vocalists in the past and we´re all fans of instrumental music.

/J
...hallelujah brother, unfortunately that doesnt work very well when it comes to the "cover"-business. I even refer to it as "the singer syndrom"...it seems to be a common illness and is worse than the dreaded "lead guitarist ego" :-)

saturnine
Rocker

Post by saturnine » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:21 pm

MikeD wrote:
saturnine wrote:

/J
...hallelujah brother, unfortunately that doesnt work very well when it comes to the "cover"-business. I even refer to it as "the singer syndrom"...it seems to be a common illness and is worse than the dreaded "lead guitarist ego" :-)
Hahaha :)

Indeed, my friend indeed.

So far I have managed pretty well to dodge the main part of offers concerning duties in cover bands. That´s probably also the reason why I haven´t played lots of well payed and big(-ish) crowds yet, haha.

A really nice thing about this band is that I play a lot of lead work but they´re very nice arranged into the music in it´s entity - which is the way I like it.

/J
Orange RV50 MK I Head
Orange PPC412
Orange PPC112 x2
Orange Micro Terror
Ibanez TSA15H
2x Gibson SG Standard
Peter Naglitsch Custom
Fender Tele ´72 Roadworn
Fender Tele FSR Custom
Squier Tele Classic Vibe
Jackson ATX
Jackson TH-2
Hagström Viking
Pedals...

MikeD
Orange Expert

Post by MikeD » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:29 pm

If you guys do head out on tour check out "club dedication" here in Kalmar. Theyve now got a sweet location and are passionate about spreading the word of live music. Theyve even got a top notch soundguy and the guy that does the lights will make you want to have a photografer with you :-)

Ill be sure to come listen so you'll at least have a crowd of one :-)

saturnine
Rocker

Post by saturnine » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:35 pm

MikeD wrote:If you guys do head out on tour check out "club dedication" here in Kalmar. Theyve now got a sweet location and are passionate about spreading the word of live music. Theyve even got a top notch soundguy and the guy that does the lights will make you want to have a photografer with you :-)

Ill be sure to come listen so you'll at least have a crowd of one :-)
Ah!

I´ll give them a call/send them an email!

Kalmar is a really nice town, especially in the summer, and it would be really fun to play there :) *fingers crossed*

(J
Orange RV50 MK I Head
Orange PPC412
Orange PPC112 x2
Orange Micro Terror
Ibanez TSA15H
2x Gibson SG Standard
Peter Naglitsch Custom
Fender Tele ´72 Roadworn
Fender Tele FSR Custom
Squier Tele Classic Vibe
Jackson ATX