Cut back pedal board - suggestions?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

thejay
Orange Expert

Re: Cut back pedal board - suggestions?

Post by thejay » Thu May 07, 2015 11:51 am

Space savers I have found were the big box multi FX stuff - Eventide and Strymon though I prefer the Strymon boxes myself. At this point that is all I use that and a Dunlop Wah. But I did see that mini was, that is pretty cool and a great way to save some space.

Multi FX are nice if you like a LOT of delays or reverbs... but the Modulation stuff is great and truly a lot of different FX in one - Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Vibes etc...
Oranges - R32, OR50, R30, RVMKIII, OR100, AD30, OB212, CB212 (2x)
Non Orange - Mesa, Friedman, Vox & Marshall
Former Oranges - TT, JRT, OR15, RVMKII
YouTube https://bit.ly/2pSp3sk
http://bigbattlebear.bandcamp.com

onetracker
Rocker

Post by onetracker » Thu May 07, 2015 5:11 pm

I'm currently hanging a boss ds-1 with keeley fat mod and a garage tone analog delay on the gain channel and all I can say is

HOLY MOLY what a tone.

I've been prone to occasionally step on a cry baby for blues/rock nirvana.
what can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof

MikeD
Orange Expert

Post by MikeD » Thu May 07, 2015 5:56 pm

Honestly, no...no suggestions what so ever.

unless its maybe getting a pedalboard with wheels allowing for easy transportation....or maybe 2, that way you can have even more pedals. Gigantic ones like the Dunlop volume or rotovibe that will be a perfect matching size to the 2-3 different wah's needed for complete satisfaction. The only reason I can see for buying micro pedals is so that you can fit even more pedals on your board?!

..but seriously :D I have the mxr micro amp and the mxr supercomp which are just a tad smaller than my boss eq and dd5, all of which do exactly what they are supposed to. If I could afford to I'd definitely look into the xotic effects line of micro pedals. If they're anything like the ep booster than they should pretty much blow most pedals,even the full size ones, outa the water!!!
Gibson: Angus Young SG 03 / LP Standard 05 / Firebird V 01
Orange: RV50 mkII & ppc212-c / Micro Dark & ppc112 / TH30 Combo

Slartibartfarst42
Tiny Terror

Post by Slartibartfarst42 » Sat May 09, 2015 6:41 am

While not the smallest pedals, I find that I always try to pick up Hardwire pedals by Digitech. They're excellent quality, built like tanks and remarkably cheap. I picked up a new Tube Overdrive for just £45 and a new Delay, which includes tap tempo, for just £75. The other Hardwire pedal I use is Reverb that I bought used for £64. Like you, I don't like to fiddle with my pedals once they're set and that's another reason I like Hardwire pedals because they have the 'stomplock' feature. In a compact pedalboard it's often easy to accidentally change some settings with your foot when using a different pedal but that doesn't matter with Hardwire because the controls are protected.

Like you, I want a cut back pedalboard but I just don't seem to be able to do it, though it's smaller than it used to be. As well as the Hardwire pedals mentioned above, I also use a tuner, Wah, an EQ for my overall tone, an EQ for a solo boost and an ISP Decimator. There's also a power supply and the footswitch for my channels to fit on the board. The luxury item is the Wah as it's a Mark Tremonti Wah, which is ridiculously big compared to a Cry Baby but I really like it so I'm wary of changing it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS SE Floyd Custom 24 with Creamery Double Six and '59 pickups
Fender Stratocaster with DiMarzio Virtual Solo, Area 58 and Area 61 pickups
Orange TH30
Crybaby 535Q Wah
Hardwire Overdrive
Nova System

jasondunringill
Tiny Terror

Post by jasondunringill » Sat May 09, 2015 7:39 am

:D There's a big feature on Mini pedals in this month's Total Guitar, wee reviews of loads of different types, it may give you some ideas if you feel like picking up a copy. There's also a review of the RV mk III and it's 'chimey' clean channel.
Oh, there's also a wee page of stickers included with a wee Orange amps one amongst them. Had to stick it on a flightcase!
Gibson Les Paul standard
Fender strat
CV tele
Epiphone Sheraton
Charvel pro Mod type 2
Faith and eko acoustics
Orange dual terror
Fender Blues Jr
Ppc112 cab
Proc212ob cab
Peavey deuce
Not enough pedals!