Where's the Rockerverb MkII love?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

kpunk56
Orange Hero

Re: Where's the Rockerverb MkII love?

Post by kpunk56 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:47 pm

Ronnie Robinson wrote:
kpunk56 wrote:no love for the RV because they cost too much ... and there are way better models that are much more affordable.
So your view is based on the fact they are expensive and you don't don't even say that you've ever tried one.

I have tried one, and they are good amps, although I think the reverb is terrible. Other than that they are versatile and sound good. But compared to a Rocker 30 or an Ad30 No way is the Rv even considered IMO . Both of those amps are as good if not totally blow away the Rv50 mk II and used you can probably get both for the price of a Rockeverb. So therefore the Rockeverb does not even deserve a look. If I felt it totally blew away every other model and none of them even came close, then I would feel the price would be worth it. I feel even the Th30 is one that I would want over the RV. And it actually has the ever so desired effects loop that people want.

I feel that the models that do not have the loop, still do absolutely fine with effects in the front end of the amp. Sorry if that was wordy. To sum it up, RV too expensive, doesnt blow away models that cost about half. Still a great amp though if you dont mind spending.

mesa-refugee

Post by mesa-refugee » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:01 am

OP here. love mine, but not in love w/the reverb. got a tc nano HOF pedal, DONE. like others, i too think they're way over priced. i got mine brand new, factory sealed for only $1400 from a music store that was liquidating. great timing. i wouldn't have shelled out the full $2150. it's all PCB in there which is fine but don't price it like it's point to point or turret construction. the biggest compliment i can give this amp is the fact that it is the LONGEST i've ever kept an amp (as my main gigging) and i've had tons of choice amps over the years. i've brought a lot of nice amps home while i've had the RV2 and none so far have been able to dethrone it as my main gigging amp. not even the Friedman. maybe some people's issues are how they're setting the gain and eq? for me the best gain lies between noon and one o'clock. i play mostly single coil guitars too fwiw.

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:18 am

kpunk56 wrote:
Ronnie Robinson wrote:
kpunk56 wrote:no love for the RV because they cost too much ... and there are way better models that are much more affordable.
So your view is based on the fact they are expensive and you don't don't even say that you've ever tried one.

I have tried one, and they are good amps, although I think the reverb is terrible. Other than that they are versatile and sound good. But compared to a Rocker 30 or an Ad30 No way is the Rv even considered IMO . Both of those amps are as good if not totally blow away the Rv50 mk II and used you can probably get both for the price of a Rockeverb. So therefore the Rockeverb does not even deserve a look. If I felt it totally blew away every other model and none of them even came close, then I would feel the price would be worth it. I feel even the Th30 is one that I would want over the RV. And it actually has the ever so desired effects loop that people want.

I feel that the models that do not have the loop, still do absolutely fine with effects in the front end of the amp. Sorry if that was wordy. To sum it up, RV too expensive, doesnt blow away models that cost about half. Still a great amp though if you dont mind spending.
Fair enough!
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

MikeD
Orange Expert

Post by MikeD » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:41 am

....all I do is share my RVmkll love??!!

Unfortunately I have nothing too compare too when it comes to Orange seeing that it is my first but it is everything I was hoping it would be and then some. Beautiful, warm cleans and an awesome dirty channel that gives me that perfect creamy distortion or classic rock crunch that I need with the twist of a knob.

What really amazes me is how it let's the guitar/pups shine through....only issue is that I have to bring so many guitars to each gig cause I have a favorite tone from each guitar for each song ;-)
Gibson: Angus Young SG 03 / LP Standard 05 / Firebird V 01
Orange: RV50 mkII & ppc212-c / Micro Dark & ppc112 / TH30 Combo

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:24 am

kpunk56 wrote:
Ronnie Robinson wrote:

Tastes can be so different. I don't understand all the Rocker 30 love for example, really not an amp I'm keen on.
I love my AD15, but I'm glad I have it next to my RV50 - they both do different things very well. I certainly wouldn't say that either the R30 or AD30 blows the RV50 out of the water....
When i tried them all, my clear winner was the RV50.

6 years later, I'm still very happy with that choice too!!!!

But it's great that so many of us do so much great music with so many different amps. I love that!!!! :D
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Mystic38
Orange Expert

Post by Mystic38 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:36 pm

I cannot stand all this constant reference to how good the Black Pearl 30 is... its absolute CRAP!!! Nobody in their right mind should buy this amp!! GARBAGE!
Under no circumstances does my ongoing search for a good used BP30 have any bearing or influence on the above comment.. just saying..lol :mrgreen:
-Ian-

Orange Rocker 30c, PPC212 & PPC112, Fender DRRI, Marshall 2266
2012 Gibson LP Standard, 2001 Gibson LP DC Standard
2009 Fender Am. Standard Strat, 1999 Fender Am. Hardtail Strat
2014 G&L Fallout

***insert great photos of gear here***

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:04 pm

Mystic38 wrote:I cannot stand all this constant reference to how good the Black Pearl 30 is... its absolute CRAP!!! Nobody in their right mind should buy this amp!! GARBAGE!
Under no circumstances does my ongoing search for a good used BP30 have any bearing or influence on the above comment.. just saying..lol :mrgreen:

I totally understand. Totally rubbish amp.
That's why I have it set up in my eBay search - just to laugh at the people buying them. Not because I hope to buy one one day at all.......
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:36 am

Mystic38 wrote:I cannot stand all this constant reference to how good the Black Pearl 30 is... its absolute CRAP!!! Nobody in their right mind should buy this amp!! GARBAGE!
Lets face it, they couldn't make a good amp even if they still existed. My ownership of a Streamliner 900 hangs like an eternal millstone of shame around my neck and is something I'd admit to nobody. Thanks Fender for cleaning that particularly messy little stain up.
Les Paul Lover wrote:Tastes can be so different. I don't understand all the Rocker 30 love for example, really not an amp I'm keen on.
Thankfully so. If everyone liked and used exactly the same stuff it would all get so boring. I love the R.30 - hugely. Definite preference for that particular heap of complete GARBAGE over those 'verby' shockers. Am I right and you wrong? Course not. Rock on!!! :D

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Tizzer
Tiny Terror

Post by Tizzer » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:57 am

I've got an MKI that I got on the used market for pretty darn cheap. I love the amp to pieces but I'd never pay full price for a new one. Funny how polarizing the reverb seems to be on the RVs. I love it, but many others seem to really hate it. I totally agree with the sweet spot for gain being somewhere between 12 and 1 o'clock, but I respectfully disagree with those saying it gets lost in a 2-guitar band. I also play in a band where the other guitarist has a Marshall, and I find that the growl of my darker/warmer RV complements the bite of the Marshall quite well. If anything, my bandmates have told me to turn down :lol: I can't see myself needing another amp any time soon, although I've been wanting to try out one of the OR series really bad.