Irig, Orange app

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

kpunk56
Orange Hero

Irig, Orange app

Post by kpunk56 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:56 pm

Has anyone used the IRIG Orange app on their iphone or ipad, I am thinking about getting this for the hell of it. The IRIG is 40 bucks, not sure if the app has a cost. It seems cool based off of the demo below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZCo4O2E120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone own it, if so what are your opinions.

ironlung40
Orange Master

Re: Irig, Orange app

Post by ironlung40 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:52 am

Not sure...but I thought the TT sounded by far the best in the demo.
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:58 am

I got it a couple weeks ago. Not bad for an iPhone app. Not near as good as amplitubes models for computer.

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:22 am

I have it and I think it's pretty good. If you don't have Bias or JamUp Pro I would recommend those before the Orange app but it comes in as a close 3rd.
Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kpunk56
Orange Hero

Post by kpunk56 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:32 pm

Thinline_slim wrote:I have it and I think it's pretty good. If you don't have Bias or JamUp Pro I would recommend those before the Orange app but it comes in as a close 3rd.

Cool, I plan to get the IRIG, and trying some things out. Seems fun. Plus I have a baby on the way, so I might not be able to fire up the Rocker 30 in the house for awhile. Playing guitar through the ipad with earbuds may be my only option for awhile.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:55 pm

kpunk56 wrote:...I have a baby on the way, so I might not be able to fire up the Rocker 30 in the house for awhile.
Wee suggestion if I may...

I don't have kids myself but many friends did / do. I also worked for years in a Sick Kids hospital, mostly nights. My advice is not to tip-toe around and be scared that every little noise is going to wake the kid. If they grow used to silence it will! If they grow up accustomed to some normal background noise they'll (usually) sleep through it all no bother.

Most of my friends with kids just went on making the normal evening household noises, and for the musical ones that meant carrying on listening to and making music. Okay, you don't want to go daft loud, but going too far the other way is actually counter productive. My Mum grew up near a very quiet village. (No electric lighting, no traffic, that sort of quiet!) Everything wakes her up. I grew up differently and can sleep through thunderstorms.

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

kpunk56
Orange Hero

Post by kpunk56 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:00 pm

a.hun wrote:
kpunk56 wrote:...I have a baby on the way, so I might not be able to fire up the Rocker 30 in the house for awhile.
Wee suggestion if I may...

I don't have kids myself but many friends did / do. I also worked for years in a Sick Kids hospital, mostly nights. My advice is not to tip-toe around and be scared that every little noise is going to wake the kid. If they grow used to silence it will! If they grow up accustomed to some normal background noise they'll (usually) sleep through it all no bother.

Most of my friends with kids just went on making the normal evening household noises, and for the musical ones that meant carrying on listening to and making music. Okay, you don't want to go daft loud, but going too far the other way is actually counter productive. My Mum grew up near a very quiet village. (No electric lighting, no traffic, that sort of quiet!) Everything wakes her up. I grew up differently and can sleep through thunderstorms.

Andy.

That is good advice. Maybe I will try to act as normal. Once the baby comes, I will have her alone on my off day which is monday's while the wife is at work. I will try to aclimate her (we know its a girl) to the Rocker ... lol other times my wife might give me a smack when she is around. ha ha.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:12 pm

kpunk56 wrote: That is good advice. Maybe I will try to act as normal. Once the baby comes, I will have her alone on my off day which is monday's while the wife is at work. I will try to aclimate her (we know its a girl) to the Rocker ... lol other times my wife might give me a smack when she is around. ha ha.
Hey don't get me into trouble here. You need to discuss this with your wife!!! :lol:

Andy.

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

kpunk56
Orange Hero

Post by kpunk56 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:30 pm

a.hun wrote:
kpunk56 wrote: That is good advice. Maybe I will try to act as normal. Once the baby comes, I will have her alone on my off day which is monday's while the wife is at work. I will try to acclimate her (we know its a girl) to the Rocker ... lol other times my wife might give me a smack when she is around. ha ha.
Hey don't get me into trouble here. You need to discuss this with your wife!!! :lol:

Andy.

Lol.... thats why I said I can try to acclimate the baby to the rocker when the wife is not there ha ha.

jasondunringill
Tiny Terror

Post by jasondunringill » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:01 pm

Congrats Kpunk (on the forthcoming new arrival, and for owning a rocker)! Not tried the irig but do have two small children so I can vouch for what Andy advises. I don't go mad with volume but they are used to hearing me play and seem to be pretty immune to it now! In fact when second youngest was about a year old he was having an afternoon nap, missus asked me to wake him up so I thought there was no better way to rouse him than a wee blast through the dual terror from the next door room with the doors open. Started at lowish volumes and gradually increased it to a pretty reasonable pub gig level - he didn't stir! Obviously got to be careful with young ears but yes, get the little one used to it early.
Gibson Les Paul standard
Fender strat
CV tele
Epiphone Sheraton
Charvel pro Mod type 2
Faith and eko acoustics
Orange dual terror
Fender Blues Jr
Ppc112 cab
Proc212ob cab
Peavey deuce
Not enough pedals!

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:08 pm

Shame I didn't get to meet your family when we hooked up Jason. Hope all is well there! :D

Yeah, so kpunk56, I take it your wife isn't so keen on your playing (all day AND all night) then...
Sounds like you need some back-up. Get the kid(s) on your side! :lol:

Andy.

misterfolkertsma
Orange Expert

Post by misterfolkertsma » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:23 pm

I second the comment about BIAS, it's really excellent. And not even just for headphones, for home-use it's great just over speakers. This will sound like heresy, but I prefer using my iPad with BIAS over firing up the R30... For practicing or quick writing at home that is! It even accepts pedals really well, though that might differ per interface. But it's when I'm sure of something and need it recorded, that I'll play it over the R30.

kpunk56
Orange Hero

Post by kpunk56 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:07 pm

a.hun wrote:Shame I didn't get to meet your family when we hooked up Jason. Hope all is well there! :D

Yeah, so kpunk56, I take it your wife isn't so keen on your playing (all day AND all night) then...
Sounds like you need some back-up. Get the kid(s) on your side! :lol:

Andy.

Nah she is pretty cool, but I think she is concerned with depraving the child of sleep etc. But I agree that it might be best to get the baby used to it.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:18 pm

Yeah okay, there are never any 100% guarantees, but basically if a kid gets used to an unusually quiet environment for sleeping from the start than it'll probably be very sensitive to night sounds all it's life.
Personally I'd call that a curse!

Usual argument against that is that they'd sleep through danger. But the brain is great at filtering out the normal background noise while still reacting to unusual (and ?dangerous) sounds. Really not an issue.

Andy.