OR 112M Overdrive Series Two

Maybe someone can help you date your Orange Amplifier?

Moderator: bclaire

Erik

Post by Erik » Thu Sep 19, 2002 1:38 pm

I recently bought an Orange OR 112M head( ser.no. 016397 )and a matching 4x12"speakercab but it doesn't look like the Oranges I know.
The features of the amp are; volume, bass, treble, presence, contour a mastervolume and a standby-switch it has black, flat, handles instead of the round chrome ones and the protection corners are t-shaped (original on this one)
The speakercab has the same protection-corners and a black! grill with the original logo on it.
Is there anybody out there who can give me some information about this set?
Thanks in advance,

Erik

geertjacobs

Post by geertjacobs » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:35 pm

I'm afraid there's not much info around. IIRC there was someone on the http://www.plexipalace.com Orange forum that also had an Overdrive Series Two.

If you like, you could help me correct the info on the Unofficial Orange page on Overdrive Series Two.

Geert

http://www.geocities.com/geertjacobs/orange_page.htm

tinsoldier

Post by tinsoldier » Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:30 pm

Hey there! I have myself got an OR120 Orange Overdrive Series Two head. Not that I can tell you much bout it, but it sounds like the exact specifications/look as yours. All I can tell u is that I took the amp out of the casing the other month and lo and behold there was the original inspection test tag dated the somethingth of July 1977. Same year as Star Wars! ROCK ON! Just wish I had a matching cab, I'm currently playing through a Marshall 4x12 which is ok, but its hardly an orange is it? I'll try to get sum pix up soon. The other great thing bout my amp was the price, got the head and the cab for £280! HEHEHE and I'm the envy of every local band! WOOHOO!!!! Now if I could only afford that electro harmonix holy grail reverb. Thats all it needs really....
Enough rambling!