YOUR fav fuzz pedal with your Orange ?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

JRogero
Orange Hero

Re: YOUR fav fuzz pedal with your Orange ?

Post by JRogero » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:51 pm

Another vote for the BAT Pharaoh. Sounds great though my AD30. I really like the GE setting with High pass on and the Si mode with the low pass on.

wbm

Post by wbm » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:00 pm

All my Fuzz pedals sound awesome with my Tiny Terror set to Volume at noon, Tone around noon and Gain around 12:00 am - 1:00 pm.
Fulltone Octafuzz, '69, EQD Dirt Transmitter, C.O.B., EQD Dream Crusher, Analogman Sunface, MJM London Fuzz, MJM Foxey Fuzz, MJM BritBender, Big Muff with Tone Wicker, Oxfuzz Si, Walrus Audio Jupiter and I probably forgot some other ones.
Yes, I do like fuzz :)

All the fuzz pedals also sound great if they run through a KOT pedal and the amp gain set to ~11:00 am

enricoromanielo
Rocker

Post by enricoromanielo » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:27 pm

I recently got a Jam Pedals Red Muck, sounds incredible through te Rocker 30 natural channel.

Marshall Vintage Modern 2266c
Rocker 30
Reeves Custom 10HG
Orange PPC212 OB
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster JA90
A few pedals

JAC

Post by JAC » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:52 am

Boss FZ-2 Hyper Fuzz

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:20 am

Well on the topic of Big Muffs, I recently bought the Tone Wicker version. You are able to bypass the tone knob, and flick a switch to add more clarity to the presence spectrum. With the gain down low, it really just lets your amp shine through, while sounding like a thick fuzz effect, but clear, if that makes any sense. Don't know how it sounds with an Orange though; I use it with a Marshall.

onetracker
Rocker

Post by onetracker » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:13 pm

i have an assortment of dist/od/fuzz pedals - still leaning towards buying a pharoah -

but: the other night, my wife and son were not home, i have no neighbors - i was jamming away in my home studio, on my th30 gain channel, cranked, les paul with p90's, lost in a delicious ooze of distortion/fuzz that was as close to a personal holy grail sound that i've ever had in nearly 40 years of playing. when i landed i looked down at my pedal board and NO PEDALS were turned on. ('cept a little analog delat in the effects loop).
i'm begining to rethink this whole pedals thing. cuz for me its all about the music.

OT
what can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof

Phlowen
Rocker

Post by Phlowen » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:48 pm

wbm wrote:All my Fuzz pedals sound awesome with my Tiny Terror set to Volume at noon, Tone around noon and Gain around 12:00 am - 1:00 pm.
How would you say that differs when the gain is around 12:00 pm - 1:00 am? :wink:
RV 50 MKI | TH30 | RV 50 MKIII
G&L Tele (ASAT Classic) | Musicman Bongo 5
Anesthesia - Post-Rock/Ambient band - anesthesiaproject.com

wbm

Post by wbm » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:06 pm

Phlowen wrote:
wbm wrote:All my Fuzz pedals sound awesome with my Tiny Terror set to Volume at noon, Tone around noon and Gain around 12:00 am - 1:00 pm.
How would you say that differs when the gain is around 12:00 pm - 1:00 am? :wink:
It's a little bit darker at night :)

Incubus
Rocker

Post by Incubus » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:27 pm

Blackout Effectors Musket... It's a big muffy kinda thing, but it's extremely versatile. Love that pedal.

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Post by Boy_Narf » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:13 pm

The Wampler Leviathan sounds massive with any of my amps. If I was doing medium gain rock tones, the BAT Pharaoh would take the cake. For heavier music however I feel that the Pharoah doesn't have enough bottom end (really wish there was knob to adjust lows). This is where the Leviathan comes in :)

CarbonToe.
Tiny Terror

Post by CarbonToe. » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:32 am

I love me some Voodoo Lab's Superfuzz.

One of my favourite pedals!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-k4ywMo3qg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gear: Kurt Cobain Jaguar, Kurt Cobain Mustang, American Std Tele ('10 3burst), Gibson Les Paul Std ('97 Honeyburst), Orange OR15, Orange Tiny Terror HW, Vox Night Train NT15H, Marshall JCM-1H, PPC112 Cab & a Marshall Custom Pin-Up

ironlung40
Orange Master

Post by ironlung40 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:33 am

jojo68 wrote:I've tried quite a few and my fave I use with my OR 15 and 120 ( as well as my other amps ) is the BAT Pharoah
Can you tell me your favorite settings with the BAT P, and the OR120? How high are you running the master volume on the OR?

I have an OR120 and a pharoah as well and some other fuzzes too. I can't seem to get them to mesh well with the gain character of the OR120...I have a master volume re-installed on my OR120 though, so maybe the fuzzes are overpowering the headroom in the amp when I choke it with the mastervolume?

So, I can't say I have a favorite fuzz as of yet. But, maybe I will soon as I am getting some Stomp Under Foot pedals soon.
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

jesperbc
Orange Hero

Post by jesperbc » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:10 pm

snickerpuss wrote: Have you tried the Big Muff with Tone Wicker? Aside from that stupid ass name, the thing is phenomenal. The tone bypass opens up the pedal into that Gilmour style fullness, and the wicker tightens up the bass so it doesn't get flubby when you crank the sustain.
I haven't actually tried the Tone Wicker, but I've had it recommended a couple of times. Might try it out - it's not a particularly expensive Muff, after all...

Though I'm not really hearing a use for fuzz in the kind of music I play these days, I have a huge hard-on for the Wampler Leviathan and Velvet Fuzz. I love Gilmour, and I'm getting some pretty good tones out of my T-Rex Møller boosting into my Mudhoney with gain boost activated when playing on the neck pickup of my Tele.... Not true Gilmour, but I hear it in there.
Gear: Orange Rocker 30 head, Orange TH100 head, Orange PPC212OB cab, pedals galore, Fender MIJ 52 RI Tele w. BKP Blackguard Flat '52s, Fender MIA Standard Strat w. Fender CS Fat '50s, ESP LTD MH-1000 w. BKP (AlNiCo) Nailbomb/VHII.

dflipp

Post by dflipp » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:24 pm

everdrone wrote:Im really digging my Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh Fuzz Pedal with my Orange Thunderverb 50 :wink:

It sounds great in so many different settings, very versatile "high gain" pedal
Hi, everyone!

Sorry If this is a bit of a "thread digging from the grave", but I'm thinking of running the same (?) setup and would like to know how it sounds and how do you use it settings-wise... I don't want to "copy" your sound, but I would like you to give me some pointers on how you run the Pharaoh with the TV50. Which channel? Dirty? Dirty-ish? Clean? Let me know. Some "knob-tweaking-tips" would also be awesome.

I see you have some videos and sound clips posted on the web... Where could I listen to the "typical Pharaoh+TV50 sound"? Please lead me towards what you consider is a nice "typical sound" you can achieve with this pedal-amp combo.

Also, which BAT Pharaoh are you using? I'm getting the "Supreme" one....

I would be extremely appreciative with your help and tips... They would come in handy, before I pull the trigger and spend my money!

Anyone want to jump in and recommend me some fuzzes that work well with Orange amps and the TV50 in particular? Big Muff Pi With Tone Wicker?Way Huge Swollen Pickle?Verellen Big Spider?Fulltone OCD? Any and all thoughts and suggestions welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Daniel

BeyondTheSunn

Post by BeyondTheSunn » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:18 am

Orange CR120C 2x12 combo:

The Fuzz I have in the front of it is little known, at the moment at least. I use a Minotaur Sonic Terrors 'Evil Eye Fuzz', hand made/made to order by a great chap called John in Greece.

There are several pedals in his range and there is another due in the first quarter of 2017. This particular pedal I own, Evil Eye Fuzz, is just a one on/off switch with one 'Evil' knob pedal. The Evil knob is your fuzz which has a slight increase in volume, but a huge increase in fuzz tone, and it is huge, when I mean huge, I mean huge. This pedal is based on a 1970s era vintage Orange/Matamp that has been fully cranked through a full stack which has a fuzz pedal through the front. I've played through a lot of fuzz pedals, but this is by far the best sounding and heaviest I've played.

I'm also very interested in another company, very small, hand made/made to order out of the UK, called Lights Out. Their pedals sound and look fantastic and particular pequliar. They do a feedback loop-looper pedal which looks very interesting, and I'm particularly interested in their Vellocet (Fuzz) and Void Out pedals.