Billy - G-System question for you (or any user)

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Billy - G-System question for you (or any user)

Post by Thinline_slim » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:03 pm

I had asked this in the other G-System thread but didn't get a response.

Are you using any dirt pedals with the G-System? If so are you routing them through the G-System or going in front?

For anyone using the G-System + dirt is their routing system pretty good? Seems like an interesting set-up but it's a big jump in price over how much I paid for the pedals that cover what the G-System would cover for me.
Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: Billy - G-System question for you (or any user)

Post by bclaire » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:09 pm

I have a distortion pedal mounted in my rack and routed through one of the loops on the G-System. I set it once and haven't changed it in two years. :D

Oh, and the whole thing goes into the front of the amp - no effects loops on AD30TC's. Besides, even if there was an effects loop I'd probably still go into the front....

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:25 pm

Thanks Billy,

Right, you mentioned going in the front with the G-System, which is your only option with the AD30. I was wondering more if you used the loop set up for dirt or if you went guitar -> dirt -> G-System. I would assume putting dirt in the G-S loop you have the option of routing that signal before or after other effects (wah, delay, etc).

Also, are you runny any sort of expression pedal with the system for wah or other parameters? Is the wah pretty decent?
Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:24 pm

IME, although I don't have the G system in my rack, the wah effects don't give you the same 'feel' or tone as a regular wah.

I mainly used my expression pedal to control overall output volume or delay level live...

The other thread has got me looking too but for a system that's nearly 6 years old they must have a new one in development by now...
Paul.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:57 pm

I don't use an expression pedal although I probably should. I occasionally use the auto-wah but I tap tempo it to match - for the little bit that I need wah and the short duration in the song I use it in, the auto-wah works for me.

I find that I use the distortion pedal in the loop most often for the clean channel to add a little dirt/boost to a rhythm sound that is less than the second channel alone. But once in a while, I do the really over-the-top distortion thing with channel two and adding the pedal in the loop.

enricoromanielo
Rocker

Post by enricoromanielo » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:59 pm

Just chimming in, since my G-sytstem arrived yesterday.

Still learning to tame it, but so far it sounds really good through my Rocker 30. I put a Lovepedal Purple Plexi in loop 1 and have been playing around with some of the effects, editing presets etc.

Never managed to make a delay sound reasonable trough the Rocker (I used to have a Carbon Copy, and it did not sound good), but had good results with the tape delay in the G System so far.

I am still figuring out how I am going to fix the system in my pedalboard... Its a handmade model based on a PedalTrain Pro, not sure if the structure is going to be OK if I drill holes to fix the G on it.

Cheers

Marshall Vintage Modern 2266c
Rocker 30
Reeves Custom 10HG
Orange PPC212 OB
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster JA90
A few pedals