Oldie Orange Matamp #006

Maybe someone can help you date your Orange Amplifier?

Moderator: bclaire

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Re: Oldie Orange Matamp #006

Post by a.hun » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:17 am

Don't know about copyright, but Gladmarr runs it these days so he should know! :wink:

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:37 am

I love that the Orange Amp Field Guide is a primitive website. It loads in a second and it's easy to browse. It's too bad though that Andreas isn't interested in updating the website. I've sent him a mail or two with some info to fill in some of the blanks, but he doesn't care for this. :(
David
I'm speaking out of my a$$. Yours might differ.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:19 pm

I really like the OFG as is too. But who is Andreas?

Andy.

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Gladmarr
Orange Master

Post by Gladmarr » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:32 pm

a.hun wrote:I really like the OFG as is too. But who is Andreas?
Yeah. Who?

It was Geert being lazy about updating the OFG. Now it's me.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:14 pm

I have loads of pictures, as I was saying, from every vintage amp I see on ebay, etc. or elsewhere on the web. It would be very valuable for the Orange Field Guide...

I know what you mean about the website being Web 1.0 in terms of design but I still have a difficult time finding stuff on it.... it could really do with a makeover...

I just might dummy up a new design with some of the info I have and just a few examples of amps and see what people think...

Gladmarr
Orange Master

Post by Gladmarr » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:13 pm

Geez, I didn't know everyone was so poo-poo on it. I can say there will be more stuff up there someday, but it's never going to be a flash site or anything super glitzy. I can't justify putting a ton of time into it, seeing as how I'm getting zero back from it, but it does have a lot of information in a basic, straightforward format. It's basically only going to be as good as the content I have and the submissions I get, so if you've got stuff that would fill gaps in what's there, pony up!

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:41 am

Gladmarr wrote:Geez, I didn't know everyone was so poo-poo on it. I can say there will be more stuff up there someday, but it's never going to be a flash site or anything super glitzy. I can't justify putting a ton of time into it, seeing as how I'm getting zero back from it, but it does have a lot of information in a basic, straightforward format. It's basically only going to be as good as the content I have and the submissions I get, so if you've got stuff that would fill gaps in what's there, pony up!
I'm not! Great resource. :!:

Don't think many others here are either. Pretty sure that wasn't what Billy was saying.

Andy.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:27 am

My main beef is navigation (well, that and as a web designer, the lack of any kind of design).

Navigation is inaccurate - like the Overdrive series isn't just amps called OD80 and OD120 but OR80M and OR120M, too. There's a word for OR120 combo but no link, etc. Nit-picky, yes, but that's how I am with webdesign.... like I said, when I get some free time I'll give it a shot.

Gladmarr
Orange Master

Post by Gladmarr » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:03 pm

See, I'd think if you had a beef with the site, you'd be helpful to the community and click the submissions link to send me an email with that info so I could improve the site and keep it a useful resource. The OFG is only as good as the submissions and the information I can compile. Everyone's help is more than welcome.

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:20 am

Gladmarr wrote:...Everyone's help is more than welcome.
I have some pics of Katy Perry that I can e-mail to you. It's no trouble, really :D .

Gladmarr
Orange Master

Post by Gladmarr » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:06 am

Randy Bass wrote: I have some pics of Katy Perry that I can e-mail to you. It's no trouble, really :D .
I think I've seen them. And yes, she does deserve a season pass for that a$$

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:12 am

Gladmarr wrote:
Randy Bass wrote: I have some pics of Katy Perry that I can e-mail to you. It's no trouble, really :D .
I think I've seen them. And yes, she does deserve a season pass for that a$$
Just don't put any of her music on the site. She should go in the "Pics Only" section :D .

Gladmarr
Orange Master

Post by Gladmarr » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:53 am

Katy Perry makes music?

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:17 am

Gladmarr wrote:See, I'd think if you had a beef with the site, you'd be helpful to the community and click the submissions link to send me an email with that info so I could improve the site and keep it a useful resource. The OFG is only as good as the submissions and the information I can compile. Everyone's help is more than welcome.
I didn't know that ownership had changed. I had submitted stuff years ago that went nowhere....

Gladmarr
Orange Master

Post by Gladmarr » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:54 pm

It might still go nowhere 8) but I really will try to get things updated soon.