Green Day Rig Rundown

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Woodsie
Orange Expert

Green Day Rig Rundown

Post by Woodsie » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:53 am

I just saw this one last night. First of all, worst one yet. Listening to BJA's tech talking and chewing gum at the same time was torturous at best. The thing that stood out to me was the fact that, according to his tech, BJH uses SD Antiquities for his P90's. Except for his 55, which has the stock pickup. He apparently doesn't use the H90 that comes in his sig model. Also, I can't believe he was able to put back together the DC he smashed. Or that he would smash the first production model of his sig.
==================================================================

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: Green Day Rig Rundown

Post by Jondog » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:17 pm

He's so punk rock! :roll: saw that one, thought it was neat even though I'm not a big fan. His amps could use a tolex job or re-paint. I like that he's used the same amps since Dookie.

Invin
Orange Hero

Post by Invin » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:10 pm

Oh man, I tried watching that one a week ago and made it about 20 seconds in before I couldn't stand the tech's relentless gum chewing and gave up. Glad to know I'm not the only one who finds that sound unbearable.
TH 30
Eminence Wizard & Governor 2x12
ESP Eclipse II JB/'59, Charvel San Dimas Style 2 JB/'59
Tomkat Bender, TU-2, Crybaby Mini, Palisades, Xotic RC, Euphoria, MVP, Sentry, Blue Sky, Grand Orbiter V2, Timeline, Alter Ego, Dispatch Master, Ditto X2

ironlung40
Orange Master

Post by ironlung40 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:06 am

is there supposed to be a link in this thread to the gum chewing?
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

Invin
Orange Hero

Post by Invin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:56 am

ironlung40 wrote:is there supposed to be a link in this thread to the gum chewing?
Are you sure you want one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uomdMrkNgA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TH 30
Eminence Wizard & Governor 2x12
ESP Eclipse II JB/'59, Charvel San Dimas Style 2 JB/'59
Tomkat Bender, TU-2, Crybaby Mini, Palisades, Xotic RC, Euphoria, MVP, Sentry, Blue Sky, Grand Orbiter V2, Timeline, Alter Ego, Dispatch Master, Ditto X2

Woodsie
Orange Expert

Post by Woodsie » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:41 pm

Sorry. I got a little lazy with the link. I figured it was easy enough to find. Won't happen again.
==================================================================

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:18 pm

Woodsie wrote:Sorry. I got a little lazy with the link. I figured it was easy enough to find. Won't happen again.
tut tut tut......
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

ironlung40
Orange Master

Post by ironlung40 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:50 am

gum chewing didn't bother me that bad, but I see what the fuss is about. What bothered me more was some of the interview questions. I guess it's tough to come up with things on the spot though.
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:52 pm

Woodsie wrote:I just saw this one last night. First of all, worst one yet. Listening to BJA's tech talking and chewing gum at the same time was torturous at best. The thing that stood out to me was the fact that, according to his tech, BJH uses SD Antiquities for his P90's. Except for his 55, which has the stock pickup. He apparently doesn't use the H90 that comes in his sig model. Also, I can't believe he was able to put back together the DC he smashed. Or that he would smash the first production model of his sig.
For me its just wrong that his signature guitar does nt have the same pickups he uses....
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

bassdrop
Orange Master

Post by bassdrop » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:37 pm

Seems to me he'd probably just go with what he liked at the moment, same as we all do. If you end up disappointed buying a Billie Jo Armstrong sig guitar you probably deserve it *insert ducking gif*
mmmmmm drop

Guthrie Matthews Method
http://www.guthriematthews.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Modified Fender Custom Shop Jazz, Warmoth P/J clone,
Orange AD200 MkIII, Barefaced Compact

conkerandco
Tiny Terror

Post by conkerandco » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:59 pm

I've got the single cut BJA junior with the H-90 in, despite being marketed as hum-cancelling, it buzzes more than my tele! Although i'm used to buzz and have a noise gate to tame it. I wouldn't be able to comment on how good it sounds compared to other p-90s as it's the only one i've ever played. It works for me!

ironlung40
Orange Master

Post by ironlung40 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Ronnie Robinson wrote:
Woodsie wrote:I just saw this one last night. First of all, worst one yet. Listening to BJA's tech talking and chewing gum at the same time was torturous at best. The thing that stood out to me was the fact that, according to his tech, BJH uses SD Antiquities for his P90's. Except for his 55, which has the stock pickup. He apparently doesn't use the H90 that comes in his sig model. Also, I can't believe he was able to put back together the DC he smashed. Or that he would smash the first production model of his sig.
For me its just wrong that his signature guitar does nt have the same pickups he uses....
Yep, I agree. The tech should've lied and said it had the H90 just for fux sake.
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI