New toy. :)

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

fiaj
Tiny Terror

New toy. :)

Post by fiaj » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:57 pm

The latest addition to my family arrived today, making me very happy!
A little Chinese Tiny Terror. I usually play through a 100w Rockerverb MKII but needed something small for my current project.
This will be the gigging set-up (plus a range of pedals) for my "extreme jazz" duet, visitation.

I used one for the first time when we recorded an EP earlier in the year and totally fell in love. I toyed with the idea of a Night Train and a couple of other mini amps, but couldn't move away from the Orange and got this for a good price.
I need to mod it for an FX loop so if anyone has any suggestions on a good kit or any other mods that might make this into a more versatile amp please let me know.
Money's tight, but over time I want to Frankenstein this baby into something amazing.

Sounds way better through an Orange cab (obviously) but this will be coupled with my Framus 2x12 until I can build my own angled 2x12 out of some thicker wood. The Framus is nice, loaded with V30s, but a little thin sounding.

anyway… I'm happy! Going to bi-amp this beast with my Rockerverb later for some stereo looping and plug the Moog into my AD200B. beautiful Orangey three-way!

ironlung40
Orange Master

Re: New toy. :)

Post by ironlung40 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:44 am

cool! congrats!

I have found that I like V30's best with my TThw. Post about it if you frankenstein it.
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

fiaj
Tiny Terror

Re: New toy. :)

Post by fiaj » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:10 pm

ironlung40 wrote:cool! congrats!

I have found that I like V30's best with my TThw. Post about it if you frankenstein it.
I will for sure. I won't have the money for anything for a while, can't even afford decent tubes yet. First on the list is building a new cab that has more of the Orange depth, then building a spring reverb for it… then come the internal mods once I've had a bit more soldering practice, I'm sure this thing could be made into a monster and it definitely needs a loop.

anyone got good suggestions of which valves to use if I want to re-valve for more clean headroom? I want to get the cleans as loud as possible without compromising tone.