Are all Tiny Terror amps hand wired?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

markblasco

Are all Tiny Terror amps hand wired?

Post by markblasco » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:07 pm

I recently purchased a Tiny Terror amp, and the seller said the amp was "hand wired". I mistakenly thought that this meant it was a "hard wired" Tiny Terror, but looking at the amp, this isn't the case.

So, are all of the Tiny Terror amps "hand wired", even though they have circuit boards, or was this seller trying to mislead me?

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: Are all Tiny Terror amps hand wired?

Post by Jondog » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:23 pm

markblasco wrote:I recently purchased a Tiny Terror amp, and the seller said the amp was "hand wired". I mistakenly thought that this meant it was a "hard wired" Tiny Terror, but looking at the amp, this isn't the case.

So, are all of the Tiny Terror amps "hand wired", even though they have circuit boards, or was this seller trying to mislead me?
NO! If he sold you a normal PCB circuit board TT and said it was hand wired he mis-lead you! I hope he didn't charge you what the hardwires are worth. Hard wire is the same as Hand wired.
Hand/Hard wired:
PCB:

It will also say it is hard wired on the front panel and have different knobs. I'm not 100% certain but I think the hard wired ones use higher quality transformers too.:

markblasco

Post by markblasco » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:33 pm

OK, that's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure that even though the regular version used a PCB board, maybe it was all soldered by hand, and that is what they meant. Thanks for the photo's, that makes it really clear!

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:54 am

Well, I'm sure the PCB boards are put in 'by hand' and then wired/ soldered etc. but that's a little misleading when there's also the 'hard wired' version...

markblasco

Post by markblasco » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:04 am

I emailed the vendor and they said they would get me an RMA number to return it, so I'm probably going to do that and keep on searching for a great deal on the "hard wired" version.