"revolutionary, groundbreaking innovation"

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Re: "revolutionary, groundbreaking innovation"

Post by Randy Bass » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:34 am

Jondog wrote:
Randy Bass wrote:They've obviously invented a time machine that is powered by midhump.
GREAT SCOTT! :shock:
The tough part was figuring out how to generate 1.21 bHz (buttHertz) without pulling guitar faces.

GummiTZ
Tiny Terror

Post by GummiTZ » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:19 am

I know what it is. It's an inflatable 4x12! :p

hitgar
Orange Hero

Post by hitgar » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:26 pm

Getting a little more serious here...

Maybe they took a cue from Randal and since the Terror family keeps expanding with different preamp sections just made one that you can slide in different modules. If they did this with real tubes it would still be a first and it would be pretty cool as well. I think someone mentioned this on a "what would you like to see" thread somewhere.

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:57 pm

Yeah, I had mentioned that some time ago. I think building an octal based tube slave power amp in the 50w/100w that could also act as a load so that you could take any of the TT series and run it at 50w/100w. That could even incorporate their 50w AB/ 30W A that their building in some of the higher end amps. I played the Retro and that class A 30w was pretty damn magical. Hell, they could even do it with the Micro Terror series. Have a Micro Dark Terror, Micro #4, Micro OR, etc.

Combine this slave amp idea with what someone mentioned earlier with the "Audio World" they could even piggy back the slave amp as an iPod/iPhone player for home stereo use? Probably an oddball idea on my part, but I do think it would be damn cool since so many people own these small lunchbox amps (Orange, Vox, Mesa, etc) but need more headroom/volume at a live show.
hitgar wrote:Getting a little more serious here...

Maybe they took a cue from Randal and since the Terror family keeps expanding with different preamp sections just made one that you can slide in different modules. If they did this with real tubes it would still be a first and it would be pretty cool as well. I think someone mentioned this on a "what would you like to see" thread somewhere.
Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Y0UNGBL00D
Orange Master

Post by Y0UNGBL00D » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:05 pm

my guess is PA or DIVO related. probably PA or mixing desks again.

everyone ready for Orange line arrays at venues? :D
Thunderverb 50,
modded SG, pedals, shiner bock.

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:21 pm

Y0UNGBL00D wrote:my guess is PA or DIVO related. probably PA or mixing desks again.

everyone ready for Orange line arrays at venues? :D
It would be cool if they got back into the PA market, maybe with isobaric cabs or fancy Class D hybrid power amps or something. The KillerWatt thread from Doug may not have been a coincidence. They are probably putting the finishing touches on the marketing materials for NAMM as we speak.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:52 pm

Got me to thinking - how about a 'real' app and way to use it live that would work on iPad/ iPhone/ laptop, etc.?

nlimbaugh
Orange Master

Post by nlimbaugh » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:58 am

bclaire wrote:Got me to thinking - how about a 'real' app and way to use it live that would work on iPad/ iPhone/ laptop, etc.?
I bet that's it.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:14 pm

For the record, I just moderate the forum and don't have any inside information... :mrgreen:

sadly....

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:35 pm

bclaire wrote:Got me to thinking - how about a 'real' app and way to use it live that would work on iPad/ iPhone/ laptop, etc.?
You tag that onto a legitimate tube power amp and I think that would be pretty new. You choose which Orange preamp off your phone/pad/tablet and into a slave into a cab? Hmmmmmmm
Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

space-boy
Orange Expert

Post by space-boy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:50 pm

I don't see ANY thing related to ,iphone/ipad apps + guitar too much groundbreaking by now.

My guess is also this will be something DIVO-related or DIVO-ish, which BTW I think was pretty impressive and one of the very rare real "improvements" to a more than 50 years old technology. A real old-meets-new kind of think, using a computer to maximize the health of your valves... My two cents.
It's wrong to wish on space hardware

jason41224
Orange Master

Post by jason41224 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:37 pm

yeah, i think DIVO was innovating. it just hasn't taken off at all, but in fairness i don't think Orange has spent all that much time trying to sell it. i'd be promoting that thing like crazy, because it does look very, very cool.
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals