Who has a gig this weekend Part II?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:31 pm

Playing bass yet again tonight with The RAW on a multi-band bill. Doubtful that anyone's getting paid but it should be fun nonetheless. There's a Misfits tribute band on last... yikes. And supposedly an Andrew WK trib singer is going to make an appearance - fortunately, beers will be cheap.

How 'bout you?

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Re: Who has a gig this weekend Part II?

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:44 am

Nice One

My next gig is Boxing day- although I will be out tonight to suss out a band thats playing locally. Have a good one!
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

Y0UNGBL00D
Orange Master

Post by Y0UNGBL00D » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:33 pm

Thunderverb 50,
modded SG, pedals, shiner bock.

DiabloS
Orange Master

Post by DiabloS » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:53 pm

Not this weekend, but next. The headlining band has a tattoo artist in the band that did the artwork himself, reminds me of Garbage Pail cards we used to have as a kid!

DOWNLOAD THE DIABLO STRANGE EP FOR FREE HERE -> http://diablostrange.bandcamp.com

Currently own:
Dual Terror
Micro Terror
PPC212OB

Used to own:
Thunderverb 50
Rocker 30
Tiny Terror

myboss57
Orange Master

Post by myboss57 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:38 pm

Playing tomorrow night at Golden West Cafe here in baltimore with some friends!
http://www.facebook.com/events/515042211861924/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gibson SG Standard
http://www.nightmovesmd.bandcamp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sovtek Mig 100h
TC Alter Ego
Mesa Oversized 412
Prev amps: 90s OD120, Tiny Terror, Rockerverb 100mk1

Bensen
Orange Master

Post by Bensen » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:51 am

Hehe, heres a picture of last weeks gig. We played a song at a local 'classic meets pop' event. Biggest audience for me so far - 3000 people. But the best thing was the orchestra - I played my little solo and they played along every note - felt awesome and humbling.

Oh, and jepp - I played that Mesa Mark 5 the other band provided since I was too lazy to carry that Orangestack for one song. Guess it's not a bad amp but the way he set it, it was just trebble (and he was playing a strat!). I took his clean channel, plugged my box of rock in and set the tone knob for a warmer sound, ignoring the 200 dials on the amp ;D

hollowcrown

Post by hollowcrown » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:08 pm

Is that a 60s tribute LP? Looks great!

JF3

Post by JF3 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi all - been following this board for awhile (since switching from a Mesa Mark V to AD30TC) and now finally able to register and post an introduction! Really enjoy the info and community here.

My band's debut gig is tonight in Providence, cannot wait... We'll be playing a 30-min set of all originals, I'm psyched to fire up my AD30 outside of the practice space. Indie/garage with a dash of punk, I use a strat with a humbucker in the bridge, only channel 1 with a clean boost on most of the time, and use a Wren & Cuff Tall Font Russian for ragged parts and solos. Back off on guitar volume for cleaner stuff, which is not too often.

Finally working out what Orange settings are working for my songs after recording our EP (amateurly in my basement, I admit) with the Mesa - but the Orange is FAR better fitting our songs and the sound in my head. Although I do think about more gain...

Anyway, cheers all and have a great weekend!

Cheers!
Jon

ps - discovered Witch Feet here and have it on my playlist - good stuff!

http://www.karmarocket.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DiabloS
Orange Master

Post by DiabloS » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:49 pm

Bensen wrote:Hehe, heres a picture of last weeks gig. We played a song at a local 'classic meets pop' event. Biggest audience for me so far - 3000 people. But the best thing was the orchestra - I played my little solo and they played along every note - felt awesome and humbling.

Oh, and jepp - I played that Mesa Mark 5 the other band provided since I was too lazy to carry that Orangestack for one song. Guess it's not a bad amp but the way he set it, it was just trebble (and he was playing a strat!). I took his clean channel, plugged my box of rock in and set the tone knob for a warmer sound, ignoring the 200 dials on the amp ;D
That's really cool man! Must be an awesome feeling to have an orchestra playing right behind you while doing a guitar solo!
DOWNLOAD THE DIABLO STRANGE EP FOR FREE HERE -> http://diablostrange.bandcamp.com

Currently own:
Dual Terror
Micro Terror
PPC212OB

Used to own:
Thunderverb 50
Rocker 30
Tiny Terror

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:55 pm

JF3 wrote:Hi all - been following this board for awhile (since switching from a Mesa Mark V to AD30TC) and now finally able to register and post an introduction! Really enjoy the info and community here.

My band's debut gig is tonight in Providence, cannot wait... We'll be playing a 30-min set of all originals, I'm psyched to fire up my AD30 outside of the practice space. Indie/garage with a dash of punk, I use a strat with a humbucker in the bridge, only channel 1 with a clean boost on most of the time, and use a Wren & Cuff Tall Font Russian for ragged parts and solos. Back off on guitar volume for cleaner stuff, which is not too often.

Finally working out what Orange settings are working for my songs after recording our EP (amateurly in my basement, I admit) with the Mesa - but the Orange is FAR better fitting our songs and the sound in my head. Although I do think about more gain...

Anyway, cheers all and have a great weekend!

Cheers!
Jon

ps - discovered Witch Feet here and have it on my playlist - good stuff!
Where in Providence? I'm straight up 495 in Marlborough MA - if I wasn't working tonight I'd come check you out....

... oh, and a picture from our gig:

JF3

Post by JF3 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:41 pm

Hey thanks man! Yeah I see a bunch of New Englanders on here. I grew up in Framingham...

Show at AS220, downtown arts space - you probably know it.

Of course at the ER now getting my 4-year old stitches...ah, the life of a working dad with music on the side....

http://www.karmarocket.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bensen
Orange Master

Post by Bensen » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:40 pm

Almost. It's a 50s Tribute with the nice neck.

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Post by irish_admiral » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:03 am

Not for a while for me... the in-laws have my Duesenberg! They live near the Hiscox factory, so it's going to be fitted for a proper case...
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...

Orangesoda
Orange Hero

Post by Orangesoda » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:49 pm

Had a gig at a bachelor party......got cancelled 4 days before the show cuz the groom didn't have enough $$$ to pay us :(

JF3

Post by JF3 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:44 pm

We had a great debut show Saturday, filled the room and got good reviews from a lot of smiling faces! Here's a pic...

Awesome to get the AD30 out of the practice space, even though I did need to turn it down a bit due to a strange stage/monitor setup. Listening back later I was happy with the fuzzy, full overdrive - even turned down! Bands after us had good songs but had the gain turned up so high their sound washed out. I thought the AD30's lower-gain drive stood out and really helped everyone else in the mix.

Cheers!