Post by Norrin Radd » Sat May 19, 2012 1:54 am

Yup. It does. :wink:
Greg

brianr0131
Orange Master

Re: Orange RV50 = best amp ever?

Post by brianr0131 » Sat May 19, 2012 2:53 am

MKII? Yep!
Mesa Road King-Carvin Legacy 212-Silvertone 1484-Parker Fly DLX-Les Paul Trad Pro-USA ASAT-LP Junior-60's Tribute LP GTop-HWY1 Strat-Esquire Build-Peavey Predator-VHT Valvulator-Bud Wah-CMAT Signa Drive-Keeley Mod DS1-Monte Allum Dyna Comp-TU2-CE5-GE7-DD7

sizzlingbadger
Orange Hero

Post by sizzlingbadger » Sat May 19, 2012 2:53 am

except when the reverb is broken :lol:

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Sat May 19, 2012 3:40 am

sizzlingbadger wrote:except when the reverb is broken :lol:
Lol! Well, I never much use it anyway. Just want to get it up and running for kicks. It is a cool reverb - when it works. :wink:
Greg

amesav
Tiny Terror

Post by amesav » Sat May 19, 2012 3:48 am

Amen brother !!!!!!!! Best amp for sure
Orange Thunderverb 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 MK1
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Sat May 19, 2012 1:11 pm

It's pretty good..... :mrgreen: It's even better when you pull the reverb circuit out of the signal.

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Sat May 19, 2012 4:51 pm

I think I've agreed with you before on this topic, but since I have A/B'd mine with my Marshall, I have to say the Orange sound is totally lacking in many areas (it's still a phenomenal amp though). The Marshalls are just much more dynamic and snarly in the rock department...they just have the sound. The rockerverb is much smoother for compressed sounds I guess.

ironlung40
Orange Master

Post by ironlung40 » Sat May 19, 2012 6:01 pm

Wendigo wrote:I think I've agreed with you before on this topic, but since I have A/B'd mine with my Marshall, I have to say the Orange sound is totally lacking in many areas (it's still a phenomenal amp though). The Marshalls are just much more dynamic and snarly in the rock department...they just have the sound. The rockerverb is much smoother for compressed sounds I guess.

You need to get an OR120 and compare again. 8) I'll agree with the VM vs rockerverb series, though. It's a great amp, isn't it?!! When are you going to re-record some GnR with that thing and post to youtube?
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Sat May 19, 2012 8:43 pm

Sooooooooon.....

Bentfinger
Orange Master

Post by Bentfinger » Sat May 19, 2012 10:57 pm

Sold the RV50c. Now have a rv100 and a ppc212.. better headroom, cleaner tone with the EL34s.. Played around with the press, 12ay7 in the rv, nos rca in the PI.. Much better
http://www.myspace.com/fragilexrock
www.reverbnation.com/fragilex

"I Wanted To Be A Rock Star, But I Must of Been Standing In The Wrong Line"

Surgeon
Tiny Terror

Post by Surgeon » Sat May 19, 2012 11:43 pm

I thought it was agreed a while ago that the TH30 was the best amp ever...no? :D

TESLA_EL34
Orange Master

Post by TESLA_EL34 » Sun May 20, 2012 1:10 am

Wendigo wrote:I think I've agreed with you before on this topic, but since I have A/B'd mine with my Marshall, I have to say the Orange sound is totally lacking in many areas (it's still a phenomenal amp though). The Marshalls are just much more dynamic and snarly in the rock department...they just have the sound. The rockerverb is much smoother for compressed sounds I guess.
I don't see why the vintage modern are so good... i mean... there are vintage marshalls available, why do you wanna buy a vintage modern? I would get a JCM800/Plexi if i'm into dynamics. The VM don't get such good reviews in guitar player forums...
accept darkness.

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Sun May 20, 2012 1:11 am

Surgeon wrote:I thought it was agreed a while ago that the TH30 was the best amp ever...no? :D
I definitely thought there was a consensus. The TH30 is like Fine China for your ears.

I haven't actually played one though. I've only heard demos on the internet :D .

a.hun
Duke of Orange

'BEST'... 'BESTER'... 'BESTEST'...?

Post by a.hun » Sun May 20, 2012 10:09 am

Surgeon wrote:I thought it was agreed a while ago that the TH30 was the best amp ever...no? :D
No, my 'Marshall' is definitely the best amp ever.

This one...

...Image

Looks like genuine fiendish Japanese Marshall PTP hand wiring too!

May only be 10W but think '20W Marshall' sounds clean or dirty, just smoother and sweeter! This amp looks like the original lunchbox amp, but sounds like the gods touched it. My best ever amp for 25 quid anyway...

What exactly is 'best'? :? :roll:

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Sun May 20, 2012 10:33 am

TESLA_EL34 wrote:
I don't see why the vintage modern are so good... i mean... there are vintage marshalls available, why do you wanna buy a vintage modern? I would get a JCM800/Plexi if i'm into dynamics. The VM don't get such good reviews in guitar player forums...
Well it's not the same as vintage amps. The JTM45 which it's loosely based on only does mild crunch. The VM adds a footswitchable gain stage, and also allows you to adjust the preamp gain for 2 separate frequency bands. This let's you adjust the gain to match the guitar you're playing exactly or just dial in any number of possible tones in the preamp. It uses KT66 tubes which have a very classic "sag" and bite at the same time. As far as reviews go, I've only seen positive ones with most people saying it may be one of the best Marshalls ever made, being beating possibly only by the Silver Jubilees...to each his own of course, but I suggest you try plaing one through a good cab sometime.