extension sp cabs

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

dynymor

extension sp cabs

Post by dynymor » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:43 pm

I have a terror 500 and SP210 cab which I'm really pleased with. Thinking of adding an extension cab to give a bit more spread to my sound. Any advice on another 210 or 212? Also is it safe to stack one on top of the other or will vibration be a problem?
Any advice gratefully received.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Re: extension sp cabs

Post by a.hun » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:03 pm

Hi dynymor, and welcome.

Advice part one is to post your world location in your forum profile! :o

That way we can give more helpful advice. No point in my suggesting the best solutions from the UK or Europe if they are going to cost the earth in the US for example. Or are you only specifically asking about the Orange SP cabs? As far as I know they stack safely, though I won't swear to that.

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

doomed

Post by doomed » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:26 pm

I use my sp212 on top of a 1x15, no problems with cabs moving but the TB needs an astroturf mat under it to stop it moving around on the top of the sp212. Mind you, we play cranked right up :D .

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:02 pm

doomed wrote:I use my sp212 on top of a 1x15, no problems with cabs moving but the TB needs an astroturf mat under it to stop it moving around on the top of the sp212. Mind you, we play cranked right up :D .
Discovered that trick years back - great for keeping valves safely isolated from the big bass cab vibrations too! 8)

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!