this forum of ours

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Y0UNGBL00D
Orange Master

this forum of ours

Post by Y0UNGBL00D » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:11 am

needs more activity!!!! i remember when this place was ALIVE!!! c'mon, kids!
Thunderverb 50,
modded SG, pedals, shiner bock.

Y0UNGBL00D
Orange Master

Re: this forum of ours

Post by Y0UNGBL00D » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:21 am

im starting a new-thread-flood campaign.
Thunderverb 50,

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:11 am

I've noticed that too....it's definitely less busy that it used to be. I dont htink that the forum filling up with idiots like Bad Monkey helps things either.

Y0UNGBL00D
Orange Master

Post by Y0UNGBL00D » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:17 am

anytihng for entertainment i guess
Thunderverb 50,

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:28 pm

Y0UNGBL00D wrote:im starting a new-thread-flood campaign.
Where did you dig up that 4x12 cab thread from?
I thought you were going all out for Duke of Orange status :lol:
Paul.

Eddie Famine
Orange Hero

Post by Eddie Famine » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:30 pm

How many times can you keep answering the same questions over amd over. and keep it fresh?

What kind of tubes should I put in my........?

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:31 pm

Eddie Famine wrote:How many times can you keep answering the same questions over amd over. and keep it fresh?

What kind of tubes should I put in my........?
JJ's :lol:
Paul.

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:26 pm

Wendigo wrote:I've noticed that too....it's definitely less busy that it used to be. I dont htink that the forum filling up with idiots like Bad Monkey helps things either.
Yeah - I think that has a lot to do with it. I think that happens whenever a community of any kind grows in sheer numbers though. The chances of one bad apple are increased dramatically. If you sort through the member list by number of posts you'll notice that those members at the very top in post count don't frequent here very much any more, if at all. I'm not saying it's the fault of new members - far from it. It's just change that comes when you add new elements into the population. It was........inevitable.
Greg

nlimbaugh
Orange Master

Post by nlimbaugh » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:35 pm

I quit breaking things.

ironlung40
Orange Master

Post by ironlung40 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:04 pm

I've just been really busy with other things to post as much as I'd like to, and truthfully, these forums are the main contributor to my GAS, which has sorta become a problem in my life lately. I'm not necessarily buying too much, but gear and wanting more gear is on my mind TOO much, seriously.

Honestly, most of the topics lately have been around the new models from orange, like the dark terrors, thunder series, etc. and while I wish I did, I just don't have a lot to add to those topics. I've transitioned into more of the older school type amps, like the OR's etc...as well as the older sound. Basically, I'm getting old! So, maybe I don't fit in with this younger crowd as much anymore.

So much of the forum is technical in nature too, and I'm not a tech, so I don't like to give bad advice or lead anyone astray. I do wish I could contribute more though, because so much of what I have learned has came from these forums. But like I said, if it is a newer model, I don't have enough experience with them to give an opinion.

I still love this forum though, and haven't experienced a bad apple with anyone yet. This is one of the more mature and informative forums I've ever been a part of. So, thanks to all the members for that.

Ironlung
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

tony_clifton
Orange Master

Post by tony_clifton » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:25 pm

I used to post here more often too.

It hurts to see how some people are continuously trading great gear. They don't come anything closer to being happy or finding the tone they want. They just lose money in the process and keep on doing this without realising tone is in the fingers. I think I've been there too, although for a very short period of time and without much financial concequences.

I'm down to a strat, a Les Paul and a Princeton Reverb. Might buy a multi-effects unit in the future. All I'll ever need.

This, and I don't believe in the internet opinion anymore. I have never experienced the 'speaker break in effect' for example. A lot of pro bands use Boss, MXR and Line 6. If it's good enough for them I don't see why I would pay twice as much for a boutique clone.
I play bass.

iblastoff
Orange Hero

Post by iblastoff » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:50 pm

tony_clifton wrote:
This, and I don't believe in the internet opinion anymore. I have never experienced the 'speaker break in effect' for example. A lot of pro bands use Boss, MXR and Line 6. If it's good enough for them I don't see why I would pay twice as much for a boutique clone.
really? i definitely have. i have a 2x12 cab with wgs green berets. one speaker was years old and the other was a brand new replacement. i could easily tell the difference between the two. the brand new one was definitely more shrill sounding. after time though it evened out.

as for boutique pedals...i don't give a crap. those silly love pedals are just that..silly. and after that huge debacle about the joyo ultimate overdrive vs freekish blues exact copy i give even less of a crap.

Wolfe
Tiny Terror

Post by Wolfe » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:48 pm

I used to post here a lot.... TOO MUCH

until you guys told me I was an idiot, then I realised I actually was so I quit posting loads of crap.

and you'll be happy to know that I switched to ss.org

cheerio!
Wolfy'

Captain Wedge
Rocker

Post by Captain Wedge » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:15 pm

tony_clifton wrote: It hurts to see how some people are continuously trading great gear. They don't come anything closer to being happy or finding the tone they want. They just lose money in the process and keep on doing this without realising tone is in the fingers.
This is the most true thing I've heard on this forum in quite some time.

Whenever there is a problem or they aren't getting the sound they want, most people try to blame the amp or the pedal or the pickups or the way the guitar is set up or whatever. These people need to wake up and realize that they may be the problem. If they would spend less time worrying about what piece of gear they should buy next and use that time to just play, it would surprise them to see how much they have been missing. You don't have to practice modes, learn music theory, read sheet music, or sweep pick. Just jam or learn a song you really like to listen to but don't know how to play.
Find one or two guitars and an amp or two you really like and stick with them for as long as possible.
(Sorry for the long rant, and sorry if I offended anyone.)
Fender Stratocaster || Les Paul || Garrison Acoustic
Orange Dual Terror

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:33 pm

Wedding planning. :D

I'm happy with my tone and don't need to change/buy/trade, etc etc. anything! Although I'm thinking about bringing back the stack...