Nice video
Just call me Ken

proud member #81 of the Tiny Terror Club
proud owner of Rocker 30 combo in white

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Re: I made a Rocker 30 video.

Post by OrangePaul » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:09 pm

Nice video yes. You play with a confidence in your execution which is nice to see...

One of the stand out moments on 'The Word' for me too was seeing The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion play live and his wild use of the theremin :D
Paul.

misterfolkertsma
Orange Expert

Post by misterfolkertsma » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:28 pm

OrangePaul wrote:Nice video yes. You play with a confidence in your execution which is nice to see...

One of the stand out moments on 'The Word' for me too was seeing The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion play live and his wild use of the theremin :D
That's the one where he tears down that green studio, right? One of my favorite videos in rock'n'roll!

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:03 pm

misterfolkertsma wrote:
OrangePaul wrote:Nice video yes. You play with a confidence in your execution which is nice to see...

That's the one where he tears down that green studio, right? One of my favorite videos in rock'n'roll!
Haha think it was this one actually I saw...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXc_OvTpOLA
Would say that these and Nirvana were the 2 performances that stood out for me in my memory off that show...
Totally on the edge :D I think it loses alot though on utube to what it sounded like on the actual broadcast.
Paul.

macg1
Rocker

Post by macg1 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:20 pm

Well thanks to this thread I am reviving my old strat. It is a 1995 MIM that was the first guitar I bought with my own money. That same year all the pickups were replaced with Fender Lace Sensors. Recently I had bought a new large headstock neck for it and then stopped playing it. But because I am big fan of Jeff Beck, Rory Gallagher, Chris Duarte, and several other strat players, I get the urge to go back to strat from my firebirds occasionally. Last night the revival started. Put the old neck back on, will install Gotoh vintage locking tuners by the weekend and ordered a replacement bridge with vintage saddles and a high mass block. I am thinking that by mid next week, this old girl will be ready to go!
I've got love to burn!
-Orange Rocker 30, 1x15 Glaswerks Cab, Emminence Big Ben.
-2010 LP Trad Pro, 2002 Gibson FB VII.
-Celestial Effects Scorpio, Aquarius, Virgo, Taurus, Sinna-a Wah, Line 6 MM4, TC Alter Ego.

misterfolkertsma
Orange Expert

Post by misterfolkertsma » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:36 pm

macg1 wrote:Well thanks to this thread I am reviving my old strat. It is a 1995 MIM that was the first guitar I bought with my own money. That same year all the pickups were replaced with Fender Lace Sensors. Recently I had bought a new large headstock neck for it and then stopped playing it. But because I am big fan of Jeff Beck, Rory Gallagher, Chris Duarte, and several other strat players, I get the urge to go back to strat from my firebirds occasionally. Last night the revival started. Put the old neck back on, will install Gotoh vintage locking tuners by the weekend and ordered a replacement bridge with vintage saddles and a high mass block. I am thinking that by mid next week, this old girl will be ready to go!
Pics when she's done :-)

macg1
Rocker

Post by macg1 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:51 pm

I have been trying to post pics here for a while, from a file and have not succeeded. let me see if this works:

YES! now I can when it is done! I was thinking of relicing it a bit only because i am not fond of glossy black anymore. but since it is a poly finish that may be tough. Good thing I have chemicals in the lab :lol:
I've got love to burn!
-Celestial Effects Scorpio, Aquarius, Virgo, Taurus, Sinna-a Wah, Line 6 MM4, TC Alter Ego.

TheOrangeJuicer
Orange Master

Post by TheOrangeJuicer » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:44 pm

Yes you did!

I love the editing. ...Smooth, like Keith Stone.

-Bill

Orange Amplification full line dealer
http://www.uptownaudio.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.biglickamplification.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

macg1
Rocker

Post by macg1 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:52 pm

TheOrangeJuicer wrote:Yes you did!

I love the editing. ...Smooth, like Keith Stone.

HA! I do what I can :D
I've got love to burn!

misterfolkertsma
Orange Expert

Post by misterfolkertsma » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:59 pm

Thank you for all the positive comments in this topic, I really appreciate all of them. They cheer me up :)

Got some crossprocessed rolls of film back yesterday:

rufus
Tiny Terror

Post by rufus » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:33 am

I never got mine to sound like that, but that has more to do with me than the amp i guess :lol: .
No seriously, great playing.
Awesome tone you're getting out of that guitar, gfs pickups a bastard strat body and an allparts neck.
I'm sure some guys will weep in sorrow if they hear the tones you pull out of that guitar. Your vid made my day, not that it's that hard at the moment, i'm studying...
Love to see more vids like that.