I'm not gonna lie.....

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Icarus
Orange Expert

I'm not gonna lie.....

Post by Icarus » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:07 pm

...today has been a pretty good day.

I go down to the local music shop for a few packs of strings, picks etc and decide to have a browse. I stand looking at some telecasters and strats for a while and move on to the gibson area. An SG is hanging there so i pick it up and have a quick play, first time i've even held an SG and it played great, it felt really nice and more comfortable than an LP.
Speaking of LP's, one caught my eye in particular. I sat for around 30 mins just jamming one without an amp, it was so smooth i was blown away. I got it rigged up through one of the shops laney's and tried it. And Liked. So bought it there and then...
Les Paul custom vos '68.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Feeling pretty pleased, i rush home to get down to some serious playing when waiting for me is....
New Thunderverb 200(obviously). I went for the HP cab, but seems i won't recieve that until next weekend, nevermind, i already have my hands full getting to know this better.

I literally do not know where to start. All i do know is, my girlfriend will be home in half an hour and she isn't gonna be pleased. I fear i will have to ease the tension by selling some gear i don't really use.

Still, a pretty good day but think my life just peaked.
Thunderverb 200
Rockerverb 50
PPC412hp8
PPC212cb
Les Paul Custom
American Standard Tele

stonerboner

Re: I'm not gonna lie.....

Post by stonerboner » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:20 pm

bro, I am right there with you. Snagged a Les Paul Custom and a Black tolex Thunderverb 200. Thats GEAR Acquisition to infinity and beyond!

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:34 pm

That's awesome man, congrats!

I have to ask though, even though it's completely your personal life and I could be way off basis, but she's a girlfriend right? Not a fiance or wife. Separate bank accounts and separate ownership of assets right? As long as your rent/mortgage/utility money is on time does she have much to complain about?

That is of course unless you've lived together and fall under a communal property law.
Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Icarus
Orange Expert

Post by Icarus » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:30 pm

Well she's my girlfriend of 8 years and we have a 4 year old boy. We would be married if it was up to her but marriage is just not something that interests me. We have seperate and joint accounts but basically all the income goes into one pot.
I just dont think at the start of the day she envisaged me blowing £2700.
Thunderverb 200
Rockerverb 50
PPC412hp8
PPC212cb
Les Paul Custom
American Standard Tele

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:37 pm

Ah, well in that case I'd say prepare for the "duck and run"! :lol:
Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

blackcloud45
Orange Master

Post by blackcloud45 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:38 pm

That is a beautiful guitar. Black LP Custom was my dream guitar growing up. Bought my first one (a '75) for $200 when I was 15 yrs old and this year I got a Custom Classic for $2500 @ 38 yrs old!

http://hypersoulrocks.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myspace.com/lovea45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Icarus
Orange Expert

Post by Icarus » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:54 pm

Thinline_slim wrote:Ah, well in that case I'd say prepare for the "duck and run"! :lol:
:lol: She's home and not talking very much...

blackcloud45 wrote:That is a beautiful guitar. Black LP Custom was my dream guitar growing up. Bought my first one (a '75) for $200 when I was 15 yrs old and this year I got a Custom Classic for $2500 @ 38 yrs old!
The same for me, always wanted a black custom but never got around to getting one as something else always popped up. I think i subconsciously decided to buy it before picking it up to play.

I love the custom classics, they didnt have any in the shop but i really want to try one!
Thunderverb 200
Rockerverb 50
PPC412hp8
PPC212cb
Les Paul Custom
American Standard Tele

blackcloud45
Orange Master

Post by blackcloud45 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:15 pm

My '75 has a slimmer neck (which I prefer). It seems that the new Customs all have the big '50s necks. My Custom Classic has the 60's slim profile, '57 Classics (which I also prefer to the 500T) and is very light! I really love that guitar. I tried one w/ P-90's and should have bought it (they only wanted $1500). It was the best sounding P-90 guitar I have ever played.

http://hypersoulrocks.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myspace.com/lovea45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Sweet Guitar!...Awsome :D

PS You could always tell her you got the strings thrown in for free :lol:
Paul.

Wired
Orange Master

Post by Wired » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:20 pm

that guitar right there is one whole lot of sexy. Congrats!
-LK
RV50, Vox AC30, Gibson LP Trad '14, Gibson ES-335 '04, PRS Cu24 '10, Fender Tele Pro, Gretsch Powerjet

Action-Hank
Rocker

Post by Action-Hank » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:58 pm

Dude, kudos and congrats!

You're a man after my own heart :D

Nice . . . . nice

Icarus
Orange Expert

Post by Icarus » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:28 pm

blackcloud45 wrote:My '75 has a slimmer neck (which I prefer). It seems that the new Customs all have the big '50s necks. My Custom Classic has the 60's slim profile, '57 Classics (which I also prefer to the 500T) and is very light! I really love that guitar. I tried one w/ P-90's and should have bought it (they only wanted $1500). It was the best sounding P-90 guitar I have ever played.
Yeah the neck is quite fat, which suits me as I have huge hands. It also has the '57 classics in it which are so nice. I thought about throwing some bareknuckle's in it but i can't fault the '57's at all at the moment.

OrangePaul wrote:Sweet Guitar!...Awsome :D

PS You could always tell her you got the strings thrown in for free :lol:
:lol: i didn't even think of that, didn't think the £50 of extras would of mattered but I definitely heard an extra tut from her!

Wired wrote:that guitar right there is one whole lot of sexy. Congrats!
Action-Hank wrote:Dude, kudos and congrats!

You're a man after my own heart :D

Nice . . . . nice
Thanks guys, I couldn't be happier with it, its pretty much my dream guitar!
Thunderverb 200
Rockerverb 50
PPC412hp8
PPC212cb
Les Paul Custom
American Standard Tele

starling1
Rocker

Post by starling1 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:47 pm

Nice black beauty. Cream trim, very swish indeed. Looks to be in fantastic shape. Congrats!

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:45 am

Damn dude.....just awesome!

amesav
Tiny Terror

Post by amesav » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:36 pm

Congrats man that is one kick ass guitar and head man.I have a gibson 95 standard les paul and the thunderverb 50 and it kicks arse so your gear is goin to sound unbelievable man let me know how it sounds when you crank it up enjoy!!!

Alex
Last edited by amesav on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orange Thunderverb 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 MK1
Gibson Les Paul Standard