Unbelievable

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

starling1
Rocker

Unbelievable

Post by starling1 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:52 am

So I just went and picked up my PPC 112 Cab for the tiny terror, unpacked it, set it up, and discovered that when I bought the TT a cable to connect the head to the cab was not supplied in the gig bag the thing came in, as I though it was. There is only the power cord. So I can't play it.

dollywaggle my Life.

Icarus
Orange Expert

Re: Unbelievable

Post by Icarus » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:06 am

I can't recall ever being supplied a speaker cable with any head or cab I've ever bought. Common oversight.
Thunderverb 200
Rockerverb 50
PPC412hp8
PPC212cb
Les Paul Custom
American Standard Tele

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:18 am

One time I bought an instrument cable, and it didn't even come with a Les Paul. WTF :x

kmlabs
Orange Expert

Post by kmlabs » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:21 am

indianDYsummer wrote:One time I bought an instrument cable, and it didn't even come with a Les Paul. WTF :x
Hahaha! :D
Kerry

Too much gain is... just about enough

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:24 pm

Avoid the temptation to make do with an instrument cable, as it could result in damage to the amp. You should be able to track down a speaker cable with 1/4" tips pretty easily.

The only thing that will work until you get a proper speaker cable is a top-of-the-line Sennheiser wireless Guitar unit with the receiver connected to the speaker output and the base plugged into the speaker cab. That way you can use the carry bag as intended to keep the amp on your shoulder while you walk around the house. Unfortunately, none of this is true.

jason41224
Orange Master

Post by jason41224 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:31 pm

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessor ... 3000000095

problem solved with the magic of the internet! i do hope you have a guitar, though. they stopped putting those in the TT gig bags after the recession hit.
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

TheOrangeJuicer
Orange Master

Post by TheOrangeJuicer » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:39 pm

[quote="Randy Bass"]Avoid the temptation to make do with an instrument cable, as it could result in damage to the amp. You should be able to track down a speaker cable with 1/4" tips pretty easily.../quote]

More importantly, don't operate the amp without a speaker connected. Wait until you get the cable to plug-in the amp.
-Bill

Orange Amplification full line dealer
http://www.uptownaudio.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.biglickamplification.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:12 pm

Speaker cables never come with amps or cabs...

Make sure you have a good speaker cable and not a guitar cable before you play it...

ScottyDanger
Orange Hero

Post by ScottyDanger » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:15 pm

I mean, as silly as it is to expect to get the cable, I have received a cable with numerous head/cab purchases that I've made in the past. From an old crappy crate solid state thing to a Marshall 1960A, there was a speaker cable involved(none with my Orange though). It usually comes with the cab, not the head. Still, you shouldn't expect that.
SG Standard / Telecaster / Cyclone
Fender '65 Princeton Reverb RI
MXR - M102 / M103 / M169

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:34 pm

this is absolutely unbelievable.

...yet absolutely normal.
Orange AD30TC, Rickenbacker 360, 52RI Tele

starling1
Rocker

Post by starling1 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:17 pm

Randy Bass wrote:Avoid the temptation to make do with an instrument cable, as it could result in damage to the amp. You should be able to track down a speaker cable with 1/4" tips pretty easily.

The only thing that will work until you get a proper speaker cable is a top-of-the-line Sennheiser wireless Guitar unit with the receiver connected to the speaker output and the base plugged into the speaker cab. That way you can use the carry bag as intended to keep the amp on your shoulder while you walk around the house. Unfortunately, none of this is true.
I very nearly did connect it with a guitar lead, but then I remembered what you said, in response to my first post that doing so could result in in it being killed to death....still, an incredibly deflating experience. Is it really unreasonable to expect a speaker cable to come supplied? Maybe it is, I don't know.

Going to pick one up today at some point at my local store. The guys who run it are extorionists, but they're close. They wanted to to charge me 600au$ for the cab, so I drove to another district and had one ordered in, in the colour I wanted, for 400au$.

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:43 pm

I recall that all of the Marshall heads I purchased in the past came with a speaker cable. It was a cheap piece of junk, but it worked until you could remember to go buy a good one to replace it. I don't remember any other head, or cab for that matter, ever coming with a speaker cable though.
Greg

blackcloud45
Orange Master

Post by blackcloud45 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:49 pm

The EVH 5150III head includes a very high quality speaker cable! I took the amp back and kept the cable ;) Shhh, don't tell GC...

http://hypersoulrocks.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myspace.com/lovea45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:04 pm

blackcloud45 wrote:The EVH 5150III head includes a very high quality speaker cable! I took the amp back and kept the cable ;) Shhh, don't tell GC...
Is that the one made by Fender? My Fender Super-sonic head came with a high quality fender speaker cable. I kept it too when I got rid of the amp.

blackcloud45
Orange Master

Post by blackcloud45 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:21 pm

yep

http://hypersoulrocks.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myspace.com/lovea45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;