RIP Amy Winehouse

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Re: RIP Amy Winehouse

Post by OrangePaul » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:06 pm

I think its all more to do with image really, but I guess after the initial high of huge success for these artists they probably go in search of something more.
Trouble with Amy though is I don't think she carried the image side of things off too well... maybe we have double standards for women?
But when I watch The Osbournes I feel nothing but sadness for Ozzy and the state drugs have left him in.
Would I really want to trade places with him now? :|
Paul.

Tango
Orange Master

Post by Tango » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:22 pm

Jet black beehive, 50's dresses, tattoos & killer heels. I think her image was fab.

She was incredibly talented & passionate but also a somewhat tortured soul. Those who's light shines the strongest, burn out the quickest.

She is a huge loss to the music industry, I don't care what anybody says.
http://www.radio-clash.com/fr_home.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:35 pm

Tango wrote:Jet black beehive, 50's dresses, tattoos & killer heels. I think her image was fab.

She was incredibly talented & passionate but also a somewhat tortured soul. Those who's light shines the strongest, burn out the quickest.

She is a huge loss to the music industry, I don't care what anybody says.
No I meant her image with regards drugs....
and I agree she was incredibly talented, not my thing.... but naturally gifted certainly.
Paul.

Tango
Orange Master

Post by Tango » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm

No but then neither did Sid or Dee Dee to name but two. If the paparazzi hung around outside my front door 24hrs a day, they have me nailed for looking like crap pretty quickly.
http://www.radio-clash.com/fr_home.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:43 am

wow

the spambots seem to be getting more coherent
LIKE SPACE ROCK? = VAN CLEEF @ BANDCAMP http://vancleef.bandcamp.com/

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Post by Mrjones2004x » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:07 am

Ami liked the press!

If she didn't she would of brought a house with gates and away from public like most celebs do.

A documentary on tv the other night said she loved the media. Use to come out for chats and even bring them cups of tea.

Drug use is not a disease! It's a weak persons way of dealing with life.
It becomes an addiction yes but a disease hell no.
You don't give yourself cancer! You give yourself a drug problem.

In the tv doc, she seemed nice as a person and Blake really was a bell end! Now he was the loser in that pair. He brought her down big time. She said can I try that? He use to say yeah go on! I mean she was thick for wanting to try heroin but he promoted it to her and said yeah go ahead!
Tone is everything

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:46 am

Mrjones2004x wrote:Ami liked the press!

If she didn't she would of brought a house with gates and away from public like most celebs do.

A documentary on tv the other night said she loved the media. Use to come out for chats and even bring them cups of tea.

Drug use is not a disease! It's a weak persons way of dealing with life.

In the tv doc, she seemed nice as a person and Blake really was a bell end! Now he was the loser in that pair. He brought her down big time. She said can I try that? He use to say yeah go on! I mean she was thick for wanting to try heroin but he promoted it to her and said yeah go ahead!

you need to have heroin quite a few times before you get addicted - and just like cigarettes - yo spend most of that early stage feeling sick - - getting addicted to something takes a fair degree of commitment... and by extension - that usually means you want to do it despite thrwing your guts up repeatedly...
LIKE SPACE ROCK? = VAN CLEEF @ BANDCAMP http://vancleef.bandcamp.com/

StonieSlagg
Rocker

Post by StonieSlagg » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:33 pm

Mrjones2004x wrote:Drug use is not a disease! It's a weak persons way of dealing with life.
You're an idiot.

Everyone tells me they're crazy. Well crazy people aren't so f**king boring. So wake me when you're through being cool, cause I'm snoring...

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:19 pm

RIP Amy Winehouse Thread...

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Post by Mrjones2004x » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:04 pm

StonieSlagg wrote:
Mrjones2004x wrote:Drug use is not a disease! It's a weak persons way of dealing with life.
You're an idiot.
Explain why?

You don't catch an addiction? It's something self inflicted through being an idiot. You get cancer, not your fault. You get lung cancer after smoking 40 a day for 30 years then your fault. Same as drugs.
Most diseases in life are avoidable with correct protection.

Drug addiction a disease lol. Funny isn't the word! :lol:

Druggies will use any means to get gear and call it whatever they can to defend what there doing. I guess some people who defend are users in some way? Or have used?
Oh well this forum is going down hill quickly. At least bad monkey didn't agree with with drug rubbish like some of you!
Mid hump :twisted:
Tone is everything

Ddjembe Mutombo
Orange Master

Post by Ddjembe Mutombo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:18 pm

Last year I was sitting in the corn fields and was bitten by a poor cambodian child. Now I am addicted to heroin.
Monty

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:22 pm

Ddjembe Mutombo wrote:Last year I was sitting in the corn fields and was bitten by a poor cambodian child. Now I am addicted to heroin.
The Khmer Rouge has a solution to that problem. However, the corn fields will have to go.

Mr Mustard
Tiny Terror

Post by Mr Mustard » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:20 am

My new favorite thread! :lol:
Mr. Mustard

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:39 pm

Mr Mustard wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:20 am
My new favorite thread!
:lol:
We all got on so well back then :lol:
Paul.

lunchbox
Orange Hero

Post by lunchbox » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:07 pm

Going back to this old topic, I am an alcoholic with a little over 3 months of sobriety. I too have a hard time calling addiction a disease. However, addiction to alcohol occurs in approximately only 10% of the population polled that drinks on a regular basis. There is definitely something different in my genetic code that makes me crave alcohol more than the average drinker. Thoughts of drinking haunt me almost every day.

I remember someone at a meeting once saying that if you were to give 100 people heroin for 100 days straight, you’d have 100 heroin addicts.

But if you gave 100 people alcohol for 100 days straight you’d only have about 10 alcoholics.

But it’s not a disease. It’s an addiction, or as in the case of alcoholics, a genetic mutation or allergy.