Orange in the mass media

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Y0UNGBL00D
Orange Master

Re: Orange in the mass media

Post by Y0UNGBL00D » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:10 am

i agree. and that is ending.

i posted those pics from the outdoors jam on fb the other day. i havent posted pics of my orange on there since i got it. when i did the first time, nothing. not one response. this time? "oh, orange! man, is that a rockerverb 50!?!?! i have one too!!! bitchin!!!" and i facepalm.

not trying to be an elitist or anything, but i had a pretty good thing going there in my circles for the first couple of years.
Thunderverb 50,
modded SG, pedals, shiner bock.

tbksk8
Tiny Terror

Post by tbksk8 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:25 pm

Airheads!

No logo, but it's clearly an Orange Amp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkzNr7WnbT8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I definitely think it's possible to start seeing Oranges frequently in the media. Oranges definitely stand out more than a Marshall does. It's memorable to see a brightly colored orange piece of music equipment. Since Orange has an always developing fan base, it's gaining influence as a reliable and awesome company. Marshall has the default of "Rock and Roll" But a lot of guitarists want a marshall for like the first two years, then they start looking seriously into other brands. At least... That's how it was for me ;)

I think it'll be a couple years for Orange, but I think it'll happen.
Gibson Explorer
Orange Rocker 30 --> Avatar 4x12 Cab
Marshall JCM900 4100 --> Carvin Cab

Party Clown with a Mustache! <{ }:o})

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:13 am

tbksk8 wrote:Airheads!

No logo, but it's clearly an Orange Amp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkzNr7WnbT8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I definitely think it's possible to start seeing Oranges frequently in the media. Oranges definitely stand out more than a Marshall does. It's memorable to see a brightly colored orange piece of music equipment. Since Orange has an always developing fan base, it's gaining influence as a reliable and awesome company. Marshall has the default of "Rock and Roll" But a lot of guitarists want a marshall for like the first two years, then they start looking seriously into other brands. At least... That's how it was for me ;)

I think it'll be a couple years for Orange, but I think it'll happen.
At the very beginning they are wheeling a red Marshall half stack in the background. It's only a back view but I can tell by the gold color on the head.

Deacon Blues
Orange Master

Post by Deacon Blues » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:58 pm

eh ain't gonna happen.

marshall is to rock and roll what harley davidson is to motorcycling
My name is Alex. I used to have an AD30HTC, but now I have an RV50 and PPC212.

Hywel87
Tiny Terror

Post by Hywel87 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:44 pm

Deacon Blues wrote:eh ain't gonna happen.

marshall is to rock and roll what harley davidson is to motorcycling
Fat, bloated, slow and overpriced lumps of chrome that won't go round corners? :o

Nahhh, I love my JCM800... I've been using it a lot while the OTR is dead, but I seriously can't wait 'till I can afford to send it up to Jeff Matamp for a full going over / re-spec.

I have no brand loyalty, but the old Orange does sound quite a lot better than the Marshall reissue.

As far as marketing / brand awareness goes for new Orange products, I don't care... as long as I can keep my tone :mrgreen:
--------------------------
Orange OTR120
Marshall JCM800 100w
Orange PPC212
Hiwatt 4x12
Matamp 4x12
'96 Gibson LP studio
Orville Les Paul custom w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb in the bridge.

band - COMING SOON