Korean Tiny Terror info and amp dating?

Maybe someone can help you date your Orange Amplifier?

Moderator: bclaire

jasgarner

Korean Tiny Terror info and amp dating?

Post by jasgarner » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:17 am

Hi i have a Korean Tiny Terror and I'm wanting to know what the difference between the Korean and China made Tiny Terrors? i hear mixed messages about the two and quality difference so i want to get it right.

Also I'm after a date of when it was made the SN is TT 061100110. It kinda looks like binary code haha does that make it rare haha :wink:

any info will be great!

Tiny Terror (MIK) Framus 2x12, Fender Stratocaster Classic player, with Fender fat 50's PUP's

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Re: Korean Tiny Terror info and amp dating?

Post by Randy Bass » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:31 pm

The first two digits in the S/N are 06, which suggests that it was made in 2006. I think that was the first year of production for the Tiny Terror head. None of them are rare, as they are produced in fairly large quantities. The difference between the earlier Korean models and the newer Chinese models is the language that the workers in the factory were speaking when it was made. They have been made with the same components and they sound the same. You might make a case that quality control improves over time with any product, so the newest Chinese models would have had the most "refined" production process because of the duration of production at the current location. The only people who think that the Korean models are better are the people trying to sell them. It's hype. All Tiny Terrors sound amazing as long as they are functioning properly and have a good set of valves in them. Congratulations on owning a great amp!

jasgarner

Re: Korean Tiny Terror info and amp dating?

Post by jasgarner » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:07 am

Thanks for that, very helpful. what year did orange switch over to the China factory?
also i see/hear the Chinese TT's don't have printing on the tubes? and the standby switch in on the other swicth. is there any other different placed or slightly different parts between these two types?