New forum rules!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Orphin
Duke of Orange

New forum rules!

Post by Orphin » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:58 am

Except from selling, trading and price talk, Billy has added a new rule.
It is not allowed to have an opinion on an artist that differs from Billy's. If you do, he will delete this post.

You might think I'm joking. Believe me, this thread is not a joke. I give this thread an hour before it's deleted as well.
Last edited by Orphin on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
I'm speaking out of my a$$. Yours might differ.

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Re: New forum rules!

Post by Le Chat Noir » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:34 am

Did I miss something?
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:55 am

Orphin wrote:Except from selling, trading and price talk, Billy has added a new rule.
It is not allowed to have an opinion on an artist that differs from Billy's. If you do, he will delete this post.

You might think I'm joking. Believe me, this thread is not a joke. Billy is. I give this thread an hour before it's deleted as well.
Well, you're wrong. I was looking for input on a website, not a critique of something else. I deleted your post because it had zero to do with what I was asking.

I also deleted the posts following that offered up the suggestion that you're a pretty miserable person. Are you upset about that, too?

I don't care whether you like John A. as an artist and find him boring- my only opinion of that is, you couldn't do a quarter of what he can do on guitar.

kodax
Tiny Terror

Post by kodax » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:41 pm

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-beh ... rnet-forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gibson LPC 68RI & Gibson ES175
Orange Retro 50 w/PPC412A+PPC212 & Swart AST

Nork
Orange Master

Post by Nork » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:49 pm

uh oh...i think i was away from here too long yesterday. i hate missing stuff.

that's it...we should have a "orange octogon" where you can go into it, fight it out like men, then go have a beer 'cause you're freinds again.

great video.
--Nick

Parker Nitefly SA -> TC PolyTune -> OLER Box ->Timmy -> MP SHOD -> Eventide TimeFactor/e3 -> Orange TT -> Avatar 112 (Weber 1225)

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:55 pm

bclaire wrote:
Orphin wrote:Except from selling, trading and price talk, Billy has added a new rule.

You might think I'm joking. Believe me, this thread is not a joke. Billy is. I give this thread an hour before it's deleted as well.
Well, you're wrong. I was looking for input on a website, not a critique of something else. I deleted your post because it had zero to do with what I was asking.
It certainly was. I said that the website was interesting.
I also deleted the posts following that offered up the suggestion that you're a pretty miserable person. Are you upset about that, too?
Not at all. They have the right to their opinion too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of ... ted_States" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
my only opinion of that is, you couldn't do a quarter of what he can do on guitar.
That was mature. Does it make you feel like a proud forum moderator?
David

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:36 pm

Come on, we all know the sensible way to resolve a dispute is in private, not in front of anyone. Don't wash your dirty linen in public...

If you have a beef with something Billy's done or said, why not PM him - or if you really have a big deal with how he moderates, contact Orange directly.
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:49 pm

Le Chat Noir wrote:Come on, we all know the sensible way to resolve a dispute is in private, not in front of anyone. Don't wash your dirty linen in public...

If you have a beef with something Billy's done or said, why not PM him - or if you really have a big deal with how he moderates, contact Orange directly.
I see you point, and you are absolutely right. But who is trowing the pies here exactly?
David

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:50 pm

Le Chat Noir wrote:Come on, we all know the sensible way to resolve a dispute is in private, not in front of anyone. Don't wash your dirty linen in public...

I thought the best way to handle was to make a giant spectacle out of what happened by starting numerous thread about it!?!?? No?????

Seriously. A voice of reason. In 2010. Nice work Teddy!

Reminds me once when I got into a cat fight with a couple long time members here on the boards. They took it "private" and emailed me with their "concerns". We went back and forth a while and actually did resolve the matter. Ended up pretty good mates, too. Just sayin'.
Greg

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Norrin Radd wrote:Seriously. A voice of reason. In 2010. Nice work Teddy!
Cheers Greg. I'm a fairly argumental person by nature and I've made the mistake of getting dragged into personal arguments with people publicly on forums before, including here... these days I do everything I can to avoid it, as in the end it does neither person's reputation any good and generally the one who felt they needed to make it public in the first place comes off worst...

The whole 'he said, she said' thing belongs in playgrounds, we're adults here so please sort it out in the appropriate manner - man to man and in private, not as an ugly spectacle for all to see.
Teddy
I play an AD30TC

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Post by irish_admiral » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:10 pm

Agreed.
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...

CD9266
Orange Master

Post by CD9266 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:15 pm

Definitely not shorter than kittenface. :wink:

But point proven. It is better to handle private disputes in private. By making it public, you are showing your willingness to push the issue further than needed. You are also making a public stab at the person you are upset with.

I'm glad I missed the ordeal though. :D
http://www.reverbnation.com/coreydiller" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sunset Justice - Now on iTunes!

Bluz57
Prince of Orange

Post by Bluz57 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:24 pm

I have been away from this forum for a while.I won't get into the former argument, but I have learned to appreciate Billy's moderation.Even of the stuff that I said that was wrong in the past.I have been on a forum that had no moderation at all.The people there could say what they want to each other and get as rude and nasty as they want.I refuse to take part in that forum again.Scott does a good job with his forum,but really nothing much to moderate as we all treat each other with respect.I am glad Billy is here to moderate stuff,it just saves a lot of hard feelings and disorder.
Paint it blue 4 soul.

kmlabs
Orange Expert

Post by kmlabs » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:46 pm

[quote="Le Chat Noir]...I'm a fairly argumental person by nature ...[/quote]

No you're not! :D
Kerry

Too much gain is... just about enough

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:04 pm

kmlabs wrote:
Le Chat Noir wrote:...I'm a fairly argumental person by nature ...
No you're not! :D
Oh, yes I am!

It's pantomime season on the Orange forum :mrgreen:
Teddy
I play an AD30TC