Old OR120 Feet on the bottom

Maybe someone can help you date your Orange Amplifier?

Moderator: bclaire

captaingreer

Old OR120 Feet on the bottom

Post by captaingreer » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:45 pm

I have a 1975 OR120 and I am wondering if what is on the bottom of my amp (the feet if you will) is what should be there. What is there right now is to strips of wood running parrallel to each other long ways about 3.5 inches aprt. Each strip is about 18 inches long and about .5 inches in depth or holding the amp up off the surface that it is sitting on about .5 inches. Does anyone know if this is original, cuz I don't think it is and I am wondering what should bo there?

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: Old OR120 Feet on the bottom

Post by bclaire » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:53 pm

That's original.

captaingreer

Post by captaingreer » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:43 pm

Billy, thanks for the heads up, I think you would prob know also about colors... my Orange is not orange, it is black tolex with two thin maybe gold color pin stipes wrapping it long ways parrellel to each other 2 inches from the edge (front) and two inches from the edge (back) and 5.25 inches apart, and it has 2 numbers on it. One is imprinted on a metal plate 3 inches by 2.75 inches nailed to the back with 4 nails one in each corner in the middle saying: Orange, London, Amplifier, Warning High Voltage, #62006, Made in England. The other number is also in the back but imprinted in the metal chassis just to the right of (as you face the back) the preamp/slave, output (which is pretty much in the center) found amongst this wording: London England, then below that a stick on label: Kingfisher Music Company, 20 Kings Rd.,Fleet, Tel: Fleet 21210, and then below that sticker in the metal chssis: Model No 11514. I'm thinking because of the color this is rare, but I don't really have a clue :-)

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:28 am

Not rare, but not common. Orange did make black Oranges back in the day.