Fender Twin Craigslist...

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

onewaycpr
Orange Master

Fender Twin Craigslist...

Post by onewaycpr » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:31 pm

This a good one? I still need a back up amp!

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/msg/1134810339.html

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:32 pm

Not a bad price, but I'm wondering if you couldn't find something better for that money. I'm no silver face expert though.

Knuckle Bones
Orange Master

Post by Knuckle Bones » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:38 pm

eh...it's an OK deal. you could always have it modded to black face specs...it's not that big of a chore.
“It's amazing what new strings and a cold beer can do for your toneâ€

kittenface
Orange Master

Post by kittenface » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:40 pm

what's so 'Vintage' about it??

onewaycpr
Orange Master

Post by onewaycpr » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:51 pm

kittenface wrote:what's so 'Vintage' about it??
Good Q. I know nothing about these amps. Just checking with you guys to see if its a deal. Think it takes pedals well?
Last edited by onewaycpr on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kittenface
Orange Master

Post by kittenface » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:57 pm

it will do that very well

onewaycpr
Orange Master

Post by onewaycpr » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:21 pm

But for $700? Hmm.. I make him a offer. Worst that can happen is he'll say no. How low should I go?

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:24 pm

I'd look into about $500. Honestly if he won't go lower than $550, I'd walk (that's just me though Jody).

onewaycpr
Orange Master

Post by onewaycpr » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:42 pm

Thanks Neil. :D

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:50 pm

Ditto that. It's a later 70's REALLY less desirable master volume Fender Twin (note additional knob to the right slightly apart from the rest). I had one of these and it would be a lot more difficult to convert it to blackface specs. It has a lot more going on with the master volume thingy- it also has a pull distortion that uses the reverb circuit to add horrendous distortion.

$700 is too much IMHO. Especially for an amp that's not going to sound good, and you'd have to spend lots of money to make it sound better...

xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx
Orange Master

Post by xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:05 pm

bclaire wrote:Ditto that. It's a later 70's REALLY less desirable master volume Fender Twin (note additional knob to the right slightly apart from the rest). I had one of these and it would be a lot more difficult to convert it to blackface specs. It has a lot more going on with the master volume thingy- it also has a pull distortion that uses the reverb circuit to add horrendous distortion.

$700 is too much IMHO. Especially for an amp that's not going to sound good, and you'd have to spend lots of money to make it sound better...
i wouldnt even go for it. thats just me. its a big chunk of money, and if it were me, id wait till i found the right amp instead of being iffy about it.
-tim
fender double fat strat through:
TT-->BYOc tri-boost-->avatar 1x12 w/ greenback.
fender deluxe 'verb.

chinese fork tie
Orange Master

Post by chinese fork tie » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:58 pm

xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx wrote:
bclaire wrote:Ditto that. It's a later 70's REALLY less desirable master volume Fender Twin (note additional knob to the right slightly apart from the rest). I had one of these and it would be a lot more difficult to convert it to blackface specs. It has a lot more going on with the master volume thingy- it also has a pull distortion that uses the reverb circuit to add horrendous distortion.

i wouldnt even go for it. thats just me. its a big chunk of money, and if it were me, id wait till i found the right amp instead of being iffy about it.
could be an earlier silverface. i've got one with the master volume and it doesn't have the crappy pull-pot distortion. i'd check it out, but i wouldn't drop too much on it.
http://myspace.com/rewritedept
i gotta movie in my head! you wanna see it?

Winston

Post by Winston » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:31 am

I agree, I'd pass on it, Jody. I know some people absolutely adore them, but every MV SF I've played has left me disappointed. :?

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:34 am

chinese fork tie wrote:
xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx wrote:

could be an earlier silverface. i've got one with the master volume and it doesn't have the crappy pull-pot distortion. i'd check it out, but i wouldn't drop too much on it.
You sure? I thought EVERY master volume Twin had the pull distortion thingy. Ever try pulling on it?

(ha ha ha ha ha! I just read what I wrote and almost pee'd myself when I read it!)

not_again
Orange Expert

Post by not_again » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:03 am

Just my own personal opinion...
I personally would pass...
~mark~

...Just an old guy without a clue!