Tired of fuzzy rules, I'm dropping an F-Bomb on this forum!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Tired of fuzzy rules, I'm dropping an F-Bomb on this forum!

Post by Norrin Radd » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:20 pm

Heh! Did that get ya in here? Good. I found a cool cheap fuzz pedal that sounds pretty decent with the RVs clean channel, although it sounds better on a cleaner platform, IMO (like a Vox AC30 - or a Stang Ray, perchance :wink: ). In any event, these are right around a hundred bucks and sound very very good - AND, not real noisy at all. Very impressive. I recommend you check one one if you get a chance.

Greg

notagain

Post by notagain » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:25 pm

You A/B it with a Trifecta my friend?

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:17 pm

Phew. :roll: :wink:

That's not a bad price. Where do they sell at? Any links, demos, etc? Greg, we need to get you a nice mic or some more free time or something so you can record demos of all this fancy pants stuff you get your hands on so you can give us GAS. I mean so you can help us see why they're so fancy pants. :)

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:59 pm

Neiloler wrote:Phew. :roll: :wink:

That's not a bad price. Where do they sell at? Any links, demos, etc? Greg, we need to get you a nice mic or some more free time or something so you can record demos of all this fancy pants stuff you get your hands on so you can give us GAS. I mean so you can help us see why they're so fancy pants. :)
Neil, I have a mic and a Mac and a cam corder. What I lack is time free from 3 kids under 6!!!

That's what they call parenthood! :P
Greg

Asphalt Jungle
Rocker

Post by Asphalt Jungle » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:03 pm

http://www.subdecay.com/fb.htm

For those w/o Google. :lol:

"This cat rocks!"

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:13 pm

notagain wrote:You A/B it with a Trifecta my friend?
I have not - I just don't have access to Barber stuff here. I like to try a piece for a month or two before I fully commit. Plus - it's bigger and more complicated. I'm trying to go the other direction with pedals.
Greg

KaioMC
Tiny Terror

Post by KaioMC » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:32 pm

notagain

Post by notagain » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:00 pm

Norrin Radd wrote:
notagain wrote:You A/B it with a Trifecta my friend?
I have not - I just don't have access to Barber stuff here. I like to try a piece for a month or two before I fully commit. Plus - it's bigger and more complicated. I'm trying to go the other direction with pedals.
Know what you mean...I am seriously considering going back totally
to rack mount gear...haven't yet decided!

Hope your week is going well my friend!

:P :P :P

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:24 pm

Norrin Radd wrote:
Neiloler wrote:Phew. :roll: :wink:

Neil, I have a mic and a Mac and a cam corder. What I lack is time free from 3 kids under 6!!!

That's what they call parenthood! :P
Haha, free time? Psh, I don't know why you don't have any. I've got plenty with a college persuit of Electrical Engineering, twin babies, and a beautiful wife. Haha, sorry to give you bunk. ;)

I should have just used http://www.letmegooglethatforyou.com. ;)

the_blue_bomber
Orange Master

Re: Tired of fuzzy rules, I'm dropping an F-Bomb on this for

Post by the_blue_bomber » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:47 pm

Norrin Radd wrote: Image
I know looks aren't everything, but does anyone else think it's a bit odd that the knobs hang over the edges of the pedal? :?:
I used to have more Orange stuff. Now I just have a PPC412 (black), and a Micro Crush.

Bentfinger
Orange Master

Post by Bentfinger » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:32 am

Ck this one out, and watch/listen to the demo. I own the original, and I think Watson made it better. It's on my short list for sure.. http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.php?ProductID=1099
http://www.myspace.com/fragilexrock
www.reverbnation.com/fragilex

"I Wanted To Be A Rock Star, But I Must of Been Standing In The Wrong Line"

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Post by irish_admiral » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:31 am

I've just bought a NOC3 Firefly off the 'bay to go with the PureDrive that Dai gave to me the other days... looking forward to getting that one.
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:17 am

So I just checked out the demo PGS has up (http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.ph ... egoryID=10) and that's one cool pedal. I dig that it's really over the top fuzz/dist, but I can still imagine myself playing with this one. I'll have to keep it in mind.