Picture Gallery Comments!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:37 pm

<center><b>This thread is for commenting and/or discussing the pictures displayed in the thread named:
Picture Gallery! (No comments allowed!)</b>
http://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.php?t=14472

<i>If you have any thoughts concerning the rules of the Picture gallery, please share them here!</i></center>
David
I'm speaking out of my a$$. Yours might differ.

Astroman
Orange Expert

Post by Astroman » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:37 pm

Alright
I am actually really exited because I am finally landing gear-wise.
Just got that new Eric Johnson Strat. I picked it up in NYC last Friday after having ordered it from E.M Shorts in Wichita, Kansas (very good prices and service). While in NY I also bougt the Boss RC-2 looper (huge opportunities when playing on your own).
AND while I was gone, 1) my OKKO Twin Sonic was delivered from Heiko in Germany and I am really happy about that, 2) Ordered some JJ tubes from the UK which also arrived.
The Tele in the picture is a home made project I have just completed. It is a Japanese body and a Mighty Mite neck (soft V), most of the HW is from Allparts and the pick-ups are Fender Original Vintage. It sounds and feels great with the exception of a few fret buzz spots which I need to address.
To make sense of this post I will post the picture again:
Lars

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:04 pm

Hey, this is actually working!!
It's going to be a rad gallery!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">To make sense of this post I will post the picture again<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<br />
Yeah sure. If we want to comment other amp we can post their amps picture in here again too.
That tele look looks great, almost as one of those Nocaster relics..
David

nate33
Rocker

Post by nate33 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:21 pm

great idea orphin ... do you think it would benifit from a one line id of everything in the photo
not a long description, just an identification (make, model, year, pickups, etc.) just so their isn't alot of "what is that" posts

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:25 pm

The thing that's missing is, not just pictures shouldn't be bigger than 800 pixels (which is too wide still IMHO) but will be deleted if they ARE over that size. A 1600 pixel wide photo is ridiculous...

I'm not doing it yet until I hear from you... but that's what I think we should do.

Billy

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:28 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nate33</i>
<br />great idea orphin ... do you think it would benifit from a one line id of everything in the photo
not a long description, just and identification (make, model, year, pickups, etc.) just so their isn't alot of "what is that" posts

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<br />
Of course!
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"># If you want you can comment your own pictures. Please keep these short!
David

Austin_OLaughlin

Post by Austin_OLaughlin » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:29 pm

oops

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:30 pm

Phate can you please edit your post and link to a smaller picture!?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If possible, please do not post pictures exceeding 800 pixels wide.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
David

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:33 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bclaire</i>
<br />The thing that's missing is, not just pictures shouldn't be bigger than 800 pixels (which is too wide still IMHO) but will be deleted if they ARE over that size. A 1600 pixel wide photo is ridiculous...

I'm not doing it yet until I hear from you... but that's what I think we should do.

Billy
<br />
So that can be done?
How many pixels do you prefer being maximum?
David

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:44 pm

Let's put it this way- what resolution is everyone's monitors? When you view pages like that do you have to scroll left/ right to see the poicture? If so, the picture is too big. In particular, the TT picture is useless for viewing as you can't see the whole thing!

When I size pictures for the Orange forum, I use 7 inches wide as the maximum... which is 504 pixels wide. Plenty large enough to see a picture without whacking the formatting of the webpage.

Billy

Blainy
Orange Master

Post by Blainy » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:44 pm

You could start a new thread "Picture Gallery Rules and Regulations". Or even just one on how many pixels is the ideal.

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:56 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bclaire</i>
<br />Let's put it this way- what resolution is everyone's monitors? When you view pages like that do you have to scroll left/ right to see the poicture? If so, the picture is too big. In particular, the TT picture is useless for viewing as you can't see the whole thing!

When I size pictures for the Orange forum, I use 7 inches wide as the maximum... which is 504 pixels wide. Plenty large enough to see a picture without whacking the formatting of the webpage.

Billy
<br />
So you can fix something that makes it impossible to link to a larger picture on that thread right?
David

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:31 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orphin</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bclaire</i>
<br />Let's put it this way- what resolution is everyone's monitors? When you view pages like that do you have to scroll left/ right to see the poicture? If so, the picture is too big. In particular, the TT picture is useless for viewing as you can't see the whole thing!

Billy
<br />
So you can fix something that makes it impossible to link to a larger picture on that thread right?

Yeah, I could but I'd prefer not to, of course. It would be best for people to reduce the size of their own pictures...

Billy

natchos1
Rocker

Post by natchos1 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:18 pm

The none commentable topic is like a red button! :(
Gibson Studio <font color="orange">--></font id="orange"> <font color="purple">Cornford Hurricane</font id="purple">

Mads

feider
Lord of Orange

Post by feider » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:26 am

When I get a page where you have to scroll left and right, I usually just click out of it.
My name is Scott. This is my other forum. http://bluesguitar.forumcircle.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;