To Reverb or not to Reverb...my TT

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

daacrusher2001

Post by daacrusher2001 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:09 am

Hi guys...I am seriously considering a TT but I like to use Reverb from time to time.

Any thoughts/experience on putting reverb in front of this amp? I'm afraid it'll sound like crap, but would love to hear what you all have to say...

Thx...

Drdos
Orange Master

Post by Drdos » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:13 am

My TT handles most of my pedals well, but then I'm not using a reverb pedal...
Vince

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:22 am

I've learned to enjoy it without the reverb.

chinese fork tie
Orange Master

Post by chinese fork tie » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:47 am

i've found that most reverb pedals i've heard sound really bright and only work well in front of a clean amp or a very mellow drive. spring verb might sound pretty rad with it.
http://myspace.com/rewritedept
i gotta movie in my head! you wanna see it?

greyvents
Orange Expert

Post by greyvents » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:32 am

I use a Verbzilla in front of my TT and I've been pleased with the results. I tend to keep my gain fairly low though. What I sometimes do when I want reverb with more distortion / od, is use my Blackstar HT Dual in front of the reverb. Works fine for my needs.
Mark

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster
Fender Classic Player 50s Strat
Orange TT, PPC 112
Cornford Roadhouse 30 Combo

zombie youth revolt
Orange Expert

Post by zombie youth revolt » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:36 am

reverb pedals with TT sound very poor ( no fx loop )

unless you'll set your TT to clean - but then the TT will sound very poor :p
ex orange user :
Orange AD30R
Orange Rocker 30H
Orange Tiny Terror

current rig :
ESP LTD EC400VF
Mesa Boogie DC3
T-Rex Mudhoney
Budda Wah

kittenface
Orange Master

Post by kittenface » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:53 am

order a reverb pedal of your choice from Musicians Friend - if you don't like it, return it

if you do, keep it

there - problem solved

sheesh .............

manwithgun
Tiny Terror

Post by manwithgun » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:09 pm

I used a Holy Grail with my TT and thought it worked great, didn't find that it coloured the tone at all. The thing about Holy Grails though is sometimes they hiss

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:30 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by manwithgun</i>
<br />I used a Holy Grail with my TT and thought it worked great, didn't find that it coloured the tone at all. The thing about Holy Grails though is sometimes they hiss
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Seems true - you hear that a lot. My own HG+ is good and quiet though. And while I find it does colour the sound it does it in a nice way, just like my Fender valve reverb tank. Adds real sparkle in fact - just what a clean(ish) sound often needs.

Thing is for me reverb isn't something I want to use with overdrive sounds anyway. Clean to light crunch sure, but dirty - I don't find I ever need or want it then. So putting it in front of the amp is never a problem for me. :D

aNDyH. :)
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Bensen
Orange Master

Post by Bensen » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:24 am

I love my TT with my Danelectro Spring King Reverb (real springs!!). I usually play my Terror set to mild crunch (Clean if I play soft, dirty if I play hard). Gives a great dirty-surf-roger-dalish-kind-of sound with my Tele and Humbuckerstrat. I´m not into superclean reverbamps. Just personal prefrence.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:26 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bensen</i>
<br />I love my TT with my <b>Danelectro Spring King Reverb</b> (real springs!!). I usually play my Terror set to mild crunch (Clean if I play soft, dirty if I play hard). Gives a great dirty-surf-roger-dalish-kind-of sound with my Tele and Humbuckerstrat. I´m not into superclean reverbamps. Just personal prefrence.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">That is another reverb I quite like. Great in fact, and not just for the money... 8)

aNDyH. :)
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:28 pm

As always, I will chip in with the suggestion of a Lee Jackson Mr Springgy, which is designed to sit in front of amps with no FX loop. Assuming you like the sound of blackface spring reverb, this is the pedal for you - I had a TT for a while and it sounded good with it.
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

kelv_w

Post by kelv_w » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:04 pm

i just got this and it's sweet!!

Bensen
Orange Master

Post by Bensen » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:08 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">That is another reverb I quite like. Great in fact, and not just for the money... ]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

you have good taste man