ClearTone cables ..........

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:07 pm

Just giving our UK forumites a big thumbs up for these cables!

I ordered them at 10pm on Wednesday and they came in the post this morning! That's a great service all round. :D

They are very inexpensive but use real Neutric jacks and Van Damme cable ( same as our Joe here) and they sound really good!
They are clear and balanced and handle really well.

You can order any length and decide whether you need straight or angled jacks or both...they also do the silent switching Neutric jacks but I stayed with the normal ones....call me old fashioned!!:D

I gave them a good testing this morning for over 2 hours against some expensive cables I own and they held their own!
My Evidence has more harmonic complexity but nothing you would hear when the drummer counts you in.

I also ordered a couple of speaker cables so I can run my RV50c with my Matamp cabs......I'll let you know how they get on later!

www.award-session.com

Some years ago I used one of his JD10 preamps to record my first album and when I listen back the guitar sounds are fabulous!

Why do we move on when something new comes out?? :D
BrianGT
http://www.myspace.com/gentlethunderband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

riffmonster
Orange Master

Post by riffmonster » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:18 pm

I've ordered some cables from them previously (including speaker cables) - all good EXCEPT for the switching Neutric - the one that switches off when you unplug. I had all sorts of problems with that cable. Eventually broke out the multimeter and tested the cable and both jack plugs. Cable and ordinary plug AOK, the switchy one was faulty. Annoying as they cost twice as much. I changed it for a normal neutric jack.
:D
Mark

riffmonster
Orange Master

Post by riffmonster » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:19 pm

I used to have a sessionette 75, gigged that for about 15 years, great sound and nearly indestructable!
:D
Mark

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:20 pm

Hi Mark! Glad I bought the ordinary ones then!

Being old fashioned has it's uses! :D:D

I do like these....they look really well made.....much better than I could make!:D
BrianGT
http://www.myspace.com/gentlethunderband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:20 pm

Yeah those cables are real quality at great prices. If you live in the UK and can't be bothered making your own you'll actually not pay much more to get them to do it for you... 8)

I've an old JD10 too Brian. You are right, the sounds aren't too shoddy at all. Brilliant in fact. Everything from crystal clean to extreme gain with a speaker sim that really works. The newest version even sorts that huge volume change between 'classic' and 'rock' settings. Hugely versatile pedal too with the option to use just about any power suply out there. Great design and again a fantastic bit of gear for silly money.

Their s.s. amps are well usable too - I've always been very impressed by Award Session stuff!

aNDyH. :)
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

riffmonster
Orange Master

Post by riffmonster » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:25 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BrianGT</i>
<br />Hi Mark! Glad I bought the ordinary ones then!

Being old fashioned has it's uses! :D:D

I do like these....they look really well made.....much better than I could make!:D
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Might have just been that particular one, but it put me off, the price is another factor.

They do seem to be well made – I think it was a couple of years ago I got the cables done - gigged and battered 'em but haven't needed to buy any more since :D
Mark

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:28 pm

Hey Andy!
That's nice to hear you say that about the JD10! ;) Not many people know about them.
I was lucky enough to meet the Hellecasters after a private gig at NAAM in 94/95 and Jerry Donahue had just come off stage using one! He had an amazing sound and he told me all about the pedal. He used it to record the first Hellecaster album. That's why I bought one!

They ARE a great preamp pedal and looking back now I realise HOW great they are!

My first album was done with one straight in to the desk and when I listen back to it the clean and dirty sounds are stunning.....then the POD came out and you have to move on....you do have to move on don't you???:twisted:

We always CRAVE the Mk2 of anything........and then 10 years later we only want the MK1 !! :D
BrianGT

Bink
Orange Master

Post by Bink » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:00 pm

Thanks for the heads up Brian! Sounds like a great product and service! :D

For some reason that award session link crashes my computer everytime I try and load it up?
Anyway I've always heard good things about that JD pedal and also of the GG10 Giltrap model. I see a lot of acoustic guys with the GG10 at their feet for gigs.
Chris
PRS CU22
Present: TT, PPC 112 (Heritage G12M)
Past: AD15
Image Image

_Craig_
Orange Hero

Post by _Craig_ » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:10 pm

I have some patch cables that are made up of Neutrik jacks and Van Damme cable. Great quality cables for the price.

Craig
'94 Standard Telecaster. Rickenbacker 4003. Orange AD30R. Ashdown 550 Touring.

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:24 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Thanks for the heads up Brian! Sounds like a great product and service!

I've just been "re-listening" after my ears have had a rest and they pass the second test admirably! I also like the way they coil up!
The service is great....I just ordered a couple more different cables and I bet they arrive tomorrow!:D

Yes.... the GG10 acoustic pedal get's you out of jail free! It suits any pickup, transducer and PA system!
BrianGT

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Post by irish_admiral » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:17 pm

Brian

I've got the silent switching plugs on some of my cables - they're invaluable. A very good investment... i've been impressed with them.
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:37 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Brian

I've got the silent switching plugs on some of my cables - they're invaluable. A very good investment... i've been impressed with them.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Cheers Joe! ;) I think I might try them next time I order because I do change guitars a lot! :D
BrianGT

notagain

Post by notagain » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:32 am

For us on the other side of the pond,
the newer JD10 can be found at;

http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-bin/new_sh ... nk--asjd10

It is also marketed by Morley but it is the same pedal.

Still cannot find anyone in the US that sells their cables...

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Post by irish_admiral » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:53 am

Definitely a good bit of kit. They genuinely do stop that disquieting "pop" when you pull the cable out or plug back in.

I was a bit suspicious initially... tried one, liked it, and then bought another handful...
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:06 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">For us on the other side of the pond,
the newer JD10 can be found at;

Mark.....I only used the pedal to record with and the amp simulation is awesome! Seriously! It's only in hindsight that i listen to the first album and realise how good the guitar sounds are...I never sent you that one!!

It works fabulously through a PA and is the ideal pedal to have as a back up if your amp goes down.
It's far easier to get an instant sound out of than say a Pod.....setting up a great clean sound and an overdriven sound is very quick.
I never tried it through the front end of an amp but it is designed to do that too.

Morley were given the rights in the USA......if you ever come across one s/h it is worth buying!;)
BrianGT